NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
IMG_3465.jpeg

Not the greatest bet at half time I’ve ever made

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, but only if the referee caught it in real time. Can’t retroactively give yellows via VAR. as the offence of simulation is an automatic yellow card, VAR couldn’t intervene.
Really? Didn't stop the ref in our European game going to VAR only to give the freekick the other way.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But if the game is delayed going into injury time then the ref should have included that delay onto the end of the already announced added time. So if the game is due to have 12 mins added on but didn't restart until the 47th min the injury time shouldn't have ended until the 59th min but the ref blew at 57 meaning he didn't add any extra time for further delays in injury time.
I agree with that, yes. but do we know that 12 was to be added prior to that stoppage, I admit I wasn't paying too much attention.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hahahahaha

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Nope - play would be reinstated from the state in which it was left before the VAR check. In this case, offside. VAR can overrule a penalty given for simulation, but it can’t then book the offending player. The decision would be to play on from the “current state of play”.

Thanks for the explanation. I knew they couldn't book Sterling after a VAR check but I just wondered if they checked an incident for a penalty and found it was actually a free kick the other way whether that overrules any incidents that follow.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, the commentator said it at 43 minutes, seconds before Van de Ven was injured :thumbsup:
That's crap then from the best ref in his head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports