[Albion] Premier League 4-6/11/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Andy Brassell seems to sing VAR’s continental praises on TS, unless that’s changed?

Mocking the PL VAR, in a compare and contrast.

Back to important things …. I guess you’re laughing over Arse losing? It could well be that 2022/23 was Arteta’s one opportunity. He got lucky with a weak Spurs, Manu, Pool and Chelsea, yet still blew the lead. Several bigs clubs have now rebuilt superbly.

They had an interview with Fonte (ex Southampton CB) who is at Braga, he said the players hate it in Portugal

The marginal offsides, which are my issue are still there as well, check of the Juve one from last week, I've yet to have anyone tell me how the player has an advantage.

I feel last year was Arsenals chance, Liverpool are back to being very good, but who knows. Only 10 games in, Those sides mentioned were very weak, but they still had to beat them.

Saka has gone missing for the past few months, due to being overplayed and carrying knocks, if he comes back into form they are a different side.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In my opinion VAR is not “fine” or “fit for purpose”. It sucks the life out the game and makes going to games less enjoyable. I’m sure plastics love it as it gives them something else to talk about on Twitter or whatever.

It just needs scrapping. Football was much better without it.
At least you get an idea that there might be an issue if it's a penalty shout, or something blatant, or flagged for, or appealed for by the defending team. But there was absolutely no indication from anyone in the ground that there might have been a doubt about Dunk's goal today. Until the re-start didn't happen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They had an interview with Fonte (ex Southampton CB) who is at Braga, he said the players hate it in Portugal

The marginal offsides, which are my issue are still there as well, check of the Juve one from last week.

I feel last year was Arsenals chance, Liverpool are back to being very good, but who knows. Only 10 games in, Those sides mentioned were very weak, but they still have to beat them.

Saka has gone missing for the past few months, due to being overplayed and carrying knocks.

Rice has been a great addition. Though no clever scouting, almost everyone knew for years that he’s quality.

But they’ve a host of players you wouldn’t say are outstanding/near perfect in their positions, even first teamers.

Kroenke will have to get that chequebook out, yet again, in January.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Newcastle, great defending, character, fans were excellent, they've done Man Utd and Arsenal in a week.

As for Arsenal, the attackers disappointing, and a little lightweight. Hopefully, Spurs will use this Arsenal loss to stuff Chelsea, which will help us.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rice has been a great addition. Though no clever scouting, almost everyone knew for years that he’s quality.

But they’ve a host of players you wouldn’t say are outstanding/near perfect in their positions, even first teamers.

Kroenke will have to get that chequebook out, yet again, in January.

They have undone Rice by signing Raya, who isn't very good.

I can see them going for Toney

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

The marginal offsides, which are my issue are still there as well, check of the Juve one from last week, I've yet to have anyone tell me how the player has an advantage.

I feel last year was Arsenals chance, Liverpool are back to being very good, but who knows. Only 10 games in, Those sides mentioned were very weak, but they still had to beat them.

Saka has gone missing for the past few months, due to being overplayed and carrying knocks, if he comes back into form they are a different side.
Who could say that about any top player without Mitoma we would be bang average.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

The ball out isn’t a question as there’s no good angle. Looks an inch or two in for me. The gap in that angle would’ve been bigger if it was out imo.

I do think it’s a foul though - two handed shove.

Offside - need to see it again. Does Joelinton touch the ball and is any part of rat boy ahead of the ball when he does is the question (he’s clearly ahead of the keeper). If yes to both its offside. Need to see it again.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just got a message from a Brentford supporting friend who was at today’s game. Says the noise when Maupay scored was as loud as anything he’s heard at that stadium so far. Seems it all got a bit emotional.

This is nice. Good luck to him, good for Brentford and ha ha ha ha ha at West Ham.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Arteta going nuts in front of the press……..disgrace, embarrassing etc etc
As I said after the Spurs v Liverpool game, till the clubs unite against the current set up it's not going to change

The same Arteta (as with any other manager) has never spoken out on VAR calls for Arsenal when they are in their favour.

All Managers/clubs need to call out the crap every week, when it goes against them and for them, it's not going to happen.

If Dyche/Silva/Howe/Heckingbottom came saying they benefitted from rubbish calls, it would be more powerful than a losing manager doing it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
good to see Maupay enjoying football again. He had a great chance to score last week but unselfishly passed to his teammate for a tap in.
Last week Sanchez got a touch so Maupay didn’t pass or shoot. If Maupay had passed the goal would have been disallowed as offside. That said agree with good to see Maupay enjoying football, I like him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last week Sanchez got a touch so Maupay didn’t pass or shoot. If Maupay had passed the goal would have been disallowed as offside. That said agree with good to see Maupay enjoying football, I like him.
Sorry but you’re wrong there. I think it was Maupay who passed it and it’s not offside as the Mbemo kiddy is behind the ball.

Watch this angle:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sorry but you’re wrong there. I think it was Maupay who passed it and it’s not offside as the Mbemo kiddy is behind the ball.

Watch this angle:

Watch this with the close up:

Can clearly see Sanchez touch it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Watch this with the close up:

Can clearly see Sanchez touch it.
Ah yes think you’re right there sorry - both seemed to touch it possibly but more Sanchez. But he wouldn’t have been offside as was behind ball 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports