[Albion] Premier League 4-6/11/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tell me when was the last time, if ever, a player has been sent off for a lunge like that without making any contact?

Players don’t get sent off for that kind of thing or if they do it’s very rare, I’m not arguing it’s not a potential red card tackle but for me as no contact was made, it’s not a red.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tell me when was the last time, if ever, a player has been sent off for a lunge like that without making any contact?

Players don’t get sent off for that kind of thing or if they do it’s very rare, I’m not arguing it’s not a potential red card tackle but for me as no contact was made, it’s not a red.
But he made contact?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I heard a match preview of this game yesterday and they predicted it would be feisty. I can’t remember the games but apparently there was bad blood between the two the last couple of seasons.

The Newcastle draw at Emirates last season was I think the beginning of devastating results for Arse. The two babies clashed on the touchline, it was comical. This was the end of it.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Two of the most dislikeable PL managers. One looks like a Thunderbird, the other seems overly reliant on Just For Men.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
At least with Havertz's airborne tackle, the ball was kind of near him, or had just gone.

With Guimaraes, the ball was nowhere near him or his victim, he ran towards him, raised his arm and thumped him in the back of the head. Red card.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Are they seriously going to try to rule this out for handball? Where are they getting offside from?!

f***ing farce.
Where are they not getting Offside from? Clearly only one defender ahead of them. Presumably he didn't foul or play the ball. And the ball didn't go out of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports