Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/8-1/9/22

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That serves Newcastle right for their time wasting. 7th minute of 5 minutes injury time.

Newcastle must be the most unfit team in the league given how many players suffer from crap when under pressure.
I am have been imaging it, but it looked like Smug Eddie was wiping away the tears at the end of the game.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Funny how Forest, who are apparently doing fantastically, have the same points as Bournemouth (who are apparently a lost cause). And, tbh, Forest’s fixtures to date were a tad easier.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Except he wasn’t injured! Newcastle were at it the whole game. Well done to the ref on this occasion for not letting them get away with running down the clock! The bar codes were rightly punished!

He didn’t even deny it in his post match interview, attributing the episodes of ‘cramp’ throughout the last 65 minutes of the game on “it’s been a physically tough start to the season for the players.

Whether it be Warnock, Pulis or Howe, brilliant just this once to see time wasting and stop-start football not pay.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yes, however we'd be quite happy if we did the same and bemoan the extra 2 minutes or so added on when it happened to us.

That is true but shows how cynical football has become.
Cheating is fully supported if it results in a win.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, however we'd be quite happy if we did the same and bemoan the extra 2 minutes or so added on when it happened to us.

Please don't include me in that 'we'. I don't object to Fulham's tactics against us which mostly involved shutting the game down through throw ins in the corner, but I do object to faking injury and the many sudden instances of 'cramp' when a side is struggling to hold on. Surely it can't have missed the authorities attention that the team chasing a draw or win never seems to suffer these kind of happenings?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here