[Albion] Premier League 30/10 - 2/11

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Back when Southampton lost 9-0 at home to Leicester many clubs would have sacked their manager. Watford would, for example (but then they sack everyone). It seems that letting their manager stay on and work to improve those weaknesses has worked for Southampton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back when Southampton lost 9-0 at home to Leicester many clubs would have sacked their manager. Watford would, for example (but then they sack everyone). It seems that letting their manager stay on and work to improve those weaknesses has worked for Southampton.
Statistically speaking it's better to get absolutely tonked, say 9-0, than it is to lose a couple of games 4-0.

Teams that take one total schlacking tend to not get relegated.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’ve said it before, Hassenhuttl is very impressive.

A question for NSC’ers, not just based on today would Ings and Vestergaard walk into our first 11? To me a yes, they almost always perform so well in their roles.

Ings 100%, he is a really excellent premier league player. He has so much class, it’s the reason why he went to Liverpool in the first place. His movement is almost second to none with regards to strikers in the premier league and he is a superb finisher. He gave our defence a lesson in the game we played at St Marys after lockdown. They’re lucky to have him IMO, he should be playing at a higher level.

I wouldn’t swap Verstergaard for Dunk, Webster, White or Veltman personally though. Never impressed me that much and whilst he has been better lately, the Saints fans I speak to have never been big fans.

And yes you’re absolutely right about Hassenhuttl, he is a very good coach.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ings 100%, he is a really excellent premier league player. He has so much class, it’s the reason why he went to Liverpool in the first place. His movement is almost second to none with regards to strikers in the premier league and he is a superb finisher. He gave our defence a lesson in the game we played at St Marys after lockdown. They’re lucky to have him IMO, he should be playing at a higher level.

I wouldn’t swap Verstergaard for Dunk, Webster, White or Veltman personally though. Never impressed me that much and whilst he has been better lately, the Saints fans I speak to have never been big fans.

And yes you’re absolutely right about Hassenhuttl, he is a very good coach.

Remarkably he’s executed today’s thrashing with Redmond on the bench. I think he’s a great EPL wide-man, consistent and so effective. Annoyingly, he always gives our RB’s a lesson each time he rocks up at the Amex.

Confidence from Hassenhuttl there and proved right.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
McCarthy should get MoM.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Jack looked to be on his way down there anyway. Would love to see a very slow mo version of that penalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Jack looked to be on his way down there anyway. Would love to see a very slow mo version of that penalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He deserves an Oscar for that one.

Edit: Fantastic goal though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Southampton ended up being lucky to win after going 4-0 up :lolol: Football is a funny old game at times isn’t it.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm trying to work out if Grealish's last minute goal was genius or sh!t goalkeeping?

He's certainly a talent but seems to be off Southgate's Christmas card list along with Lewis Dunk.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This Newcastle Everton game smells of dullness to me, been 15 minutes so far and I’m already contemplating a doze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports