Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 3-5/2/24

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I disagree, a bit more than I agree. . . . He has all the mental attributes to be a Bobtalian Wunderkid (with a whiff of Andone - which is always a risk) but I just don't think he's good enough at sharp fast passing football to be in our starting 11.

Scored a great goal just now, but it didn't look particularly convincing or in any way authoritative to my eyes.
Agreed. He'll feed off the scraps from Brentfords hoofball, but he hasn't got the touch, composure or intelligence to fit in with our pop-pop-pop.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
I like Antonio as a pundit. My first reaction was 'what the f is that beret doing there?'

But actually, if you listen to him, he offers good insights.

Agreed. I saw him on TV the other day and he was very good, as he has been tonight. I think he's worth listening to because he seems to give an honest insight into a current PL dressing room rather than a media-trained one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Flekken is having the game of his life already
If you've watched much of Brentford's games this season, you'll realise that's not saying much.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maupay is a text book something out of nothing striker… he’s never likely to smash in 15, but he has the uncanny knack of important goals at vital times… I’d have loved him to have been around for our semi final last year… just the type of game he’d have scored a 35 yard volley in.

But Potter coached something out of him errrrrrrrmmmm some edge, spirit and ultimately … goals, any of them - important or otherwise… he was an absolutely horrific coach for strikers, catastrophic even.

Potter stumbled over some good players, almost entirely by accident… others he simply turned vanilla, wraith like… like I say, it’s taken Neil 2 seasons to recover any of his former swagger.
Completely agree. The Magniliamaniac was good for 'team (soft) play' but not bite. Which is more of an NM trait

From the shots I've seen Maupay has Lady Di legs like Lineker, can't kick it more than 15 yards. Maybe you confused him with Jimmy Case in your first sentance 😉

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Agreed. I saw him on TV the other day and he was very good, as he has been tonight. I think he's worth listening to because he seems to give an honest insight into a current PL dressing room rather than a media-trained one.
Yes, good observation. That could be what sets him apart.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He strikes me as somebody who will be a very good pundit in time, but who currently comes across as rather nervous- look at the mix up with Carragher's name earlier. Hopefully he relaxes a bit as I think what he has to say is pretty decent.

City 2-1.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Foden free header. Unforgiveable by Brentford.

On a side note, and I know he has just returned, but Haaland seems to have lost something.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Feck it. My main ambition in football is not winning a cup, winning in Europe. It’s smashing City. Do that and I will die happy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He strikes me as somebody who will be a very good pundit in time, but who currently comes across as rather nervous- look at the mix up with Carragher's name earlier. Hopefully he relaxes a bit as I think what he has to say is pretty decent.

City 2-1.
That’s what i thought….natural i guess..large studio, where there aren’t any desks to sit behind ….standing totally exposed to millions of viewers

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here