[Albion] Premier League 29/4 - 2/5/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Firstly, there are far stricter rules on what a PL manager can say, compared to random fans on the internet. I'll also add that if it had been Liverpool who had been robbed against Spurs in the game where we battered them, he'd have said a lot more than he did.

As it was, it seems Liverpool had the worst decision go in their favour.
Random fans on the internet make no difference to the outcome of PL matches. They do though make a difference to the respect shown to referees at grass roots level. The ins and outs of which decision is right and which is wrong isn’t really relevant. It’s too easy to focus on what has gone against you and fling out conspiracy theories. I don’t know where this is going but it isn’t to a good place. Now we have Klopp doing it as well.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Chelsea and probably Tottenham will have no European football next season.

I've heard cocky fans of both clubs lately on phone-ins boasting that they'll win the PL next season, because of a week's prep between each match, whilst the other contenders are all f***ed. Conte lucked out with exactly that with his sole PL title.
Well, here’s a cocky Brighton fan… If the Albion keep Caicedo & RDZ, we will finish above Spurs & Chelsea next season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Imagine klopp if it was liverpool in our position away at spurs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I said that at the time. I believe Ulloa caught the Reading player on his chest, if I remember right. Jota's was certainly worse
I think (it's a long time ago) Ulloa was trying to kick the ball over his own head. He may have caught the Reading player in the head, but he couldn't see the player in the first place, and the contact was certainly nothing like as bad as yesterday's. Yesterday's was awful - it was a very high foot (standing leg on tip-toes), straight leg, straight into his head.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They should’ve had a red each.
The hit on the ankle could certainly have been a red, but I wasn't 100% sure. That high challenge however, I just can't understand how that's not a red.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, here’s a cocky Brighton fan… If the Albion keep Caicedo & RDZ, we will finish above Spurs & Chelsea next season.
I don’t think that’s particularly cocky, if we were to hang on to all our key players, the manager and maybe add a face or two, there may will be only one or two teams who finish above us period…

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Oddly I'm a little upset that Southampton aren't showing any signs of a great escape.
Leeds, Everton, Forest relegated simultaneously would be epic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wouldn't happen though, would it? But, yeah - he would literally combust
I imagine he'd have run on the pitch, grabbed the ball, and put it on the penalty spot himself.

Jimmy Grimble

Oddly I'm a little upset that Southampton aren't showing any signs of a great escape.
Leeds, Everton, Forest relegated simultaneously would be epic.
On the positive side, they may already be relegated by the time we play them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Genuinely looking forward to Leicester v Everton. Who doesn’t love a bit of misery rubber necking?
Yep - I’m excited to watch this one tbh… think Leicester will win it by 2 or 3 tbh…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports