[Albion] Premier League 29/4 - 2/5/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking at run in it's difficult to see how Liverpool don't get one of those Europa spots so they can go ahead and maul Spuds as far as I'm concerned. Scrappy Utd win will do too with a few injuries/red cards thrown in for good measure
Snap! Nil points for Spurs and Villa (and keep that happening, whoever they're playing - including Palace next weekend!) is the way to go!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Having five matches today in the Premier League is simply ridiculous. We're starting to get like Italy in the early nineties when they all played on the Sabbath and the view at school was "Saturdays should always be for football". How times have changed. I'm getting old! :p

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Having five matches today in the Premier League is simply ridiculous. We're starting to get like Italy in the early nineties when they all played on the Sabbath and the view at school was "Saturdays should always be for football". How times have changed. I'm getting old! :p
Two games on a Sunday is acceptable for tv or using the day because of Thursday Euro games. This is silly though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Two games on a Sunday is acceptable for tv or using the day because of Thursday Euro games. This is silly though.
It’s a knock on from spreading a mid week schedule over Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. With 6 teams playing on Thursday none of them were going to be playing yesterday which heavily reduces the games played on Saturday.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
It's a great relief knowing that I am not the only one that hasn't got a flippin' clue about who gets into Europe, who doesn't, what competition if we do, etc.
It's all so complicated for a simple chap like me. :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's a great relief knowing that I am not the only one that hasn't got a flippin' clue about who gets into Europe, who doesn't, what competition if we do, etc.
It's all so complicated for a simple chap like me. :shrug:
It’s really not that difficult

1st - 4th - Champions League
5th - Europa League
Fa Cup Winner - Europa League
League Cup Winner - Conference League.

In the event of a cup winner qualifying for a European competition through their league position the next highest league team to not qualify will take the cup winners spot.

Yes there are a couple of caveats that could change the exact qualification process but none of them apply this season so they aren’t worth worrying about.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Looking at run in it's difficult to see how Liverpool don't get one of those Europa spots so they can go ahead and maul Spuds as far as I'm concerned. Scrappy Utd win will do too with a few injuries/red cards thrown in for good measure
Fernandes crashing into casimero and both being injured would be good.

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Fulham give a way a clumsy penalty and are 1-0 down to Man City within 3 minutes of kick off. No twists and turns to the title race towards the end of the season. It's over.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worrying, Villa looking absolute shite so far and United spurning chance after chance. Just 16 mins in

First Villa chance and United VERY lucky not to concede

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It’s really not that difficult

1st - 4th - Champions League
5th - Europa League
Fa Cup Winner - Europa League
League Cup Winner - Conference League.

In the event of a cup winner qualifying for a European competition through their league position the next highest league team to not qualify will take the cup winners spot.

Yes there are a couple of caveats that could change the exact qualification process but none of them apply this season so they aren’t worth worrying about.
And as the FA Cup will be won by a top 4 team and as the league cup was won by a top 4 team it becomes:

1st-4th Champions League
5th-6th Europa League
7th Conference League

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Snap! Nil points for Spurs and Villa (and keep that happening, whoever they're playing - including Palace next weekend!) is the way to go!
The way I look at it,win 7 games and we are guaranteed Europe. Doesn't matter what other teams do. Actually we can probably afford to lose to City and we'll still make it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports