Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 27-30/11

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In the wake of watching a fair bit of Maradona, I'm struggling even more than usual with that particular aspect of 21st century football.

It's like 2 different sports.

It’s 34 years apart Stat. Compare 1952 with Maradona's era.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How is Luiz still on the pitch FFS

Off at half time, it was shocking they let him carry on IMO, concussion is taken much more seriously in other sports but football seems to still be lagging behind. Is it really worth the risk in the long term? Poor decision making, blood was still dripping through his bandage as well.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah I know, but one man's 34 years is another man's 10 minutes :ohmy:

It all merges I know but maybe one day the authorities will see the game now and maybe move away to the direction we all know it needs to go,

You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal may well find themselves in some poop, over that.
The EPL have got to get a grip of head injuries, to do that they'll need to make an example of someone.

Clearly that 'someone' isn't going to be a big club, so Arsenal will be the perfect fall guys.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Blatant dive from Traore and the commentator is saying it’s harsh he got booked :shrug: Strange.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Off at half time, it was shocking they let him carry on IMO, concussion is taken much more seriously in other sports but football seems to still be lagging behind. Is it really worth the risk in the long term? Poor decision making, blood was still dripping through his bandage as well.

Absolutely bizzare. Pass a 'test' so OK to stay on at the time, but then, 50 minutes later don't pass another test so can't restart.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely bizzare. Pass a 'test' so OK to stay on at the time, but then, 50 minutes later don't pass another test so can't restart.

Sounds like classic concussion to me, I once got clobbered in Sunday league and played on and felt fine, then in the week following I could barely walk and felt like my head was floating off on another planet, concussion rules need to be stricter particularly in that situation where the impact was enough to knock another player unconscious.

It feels as though it needs a player to get seriously hurt before they take it seriously.

*Jimenez condition update, concious and responding to treatment in hospital, good news.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Arsenal fans really are just pathetic babies. Every loss and it’s #latestmanagerout. Arteta gets a couple of wins and they’re pushing top 4, which is about where they are.

Mind you they hounded their greatest ever manager out the club, tells you everything.

who wants Wolves to hammer the Arsenal - me for one. wont forget the post match video of the Arsenal supporter after we beat them and he was giving Albion such greif.

i got my wish :) well they won..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here