Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 27-29/10/23

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This f***ing clear and obvious error bollocks. It couldn't be overturned due to the current regulations but FFS. Get the ref to have another look and properly allow him to way up the decision.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The whole don’t care how long it takes to make the right decision is all well and good but the experience for the fans inside the stadium is absolutely atrocious, the VAR rooms seem like panic ridden pits of despair, if it’s taking you 5 and a half minutes to draw lines on a screen then you’re clearly incompetent at your job.

The paying customers in the stadium can’t stand it, the paying customers who pay to watch on TV can’t hear the discussions either, I’d have a lot more sympathy if I could hear the discussions, but they won’t let us hear in because then we will hear what an absolute shit show it is.

And after all that I’m still not convinced that was the right decision.
It wasn't. The Newcastle player had decided to go down before the contact. Should be a yellow card for diving.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Harsh penalty. For me a yellow card for simulation.
I hate Newcastle…… and just for good measure I am not too fond of Dan Burn either.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So the comms bang on about it’s subjective and some will think clear pen some will think not… 20 or so unbiased posts on nsc and all have said not a pen…!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pretty sure VAR gave the penalty for a different reason to the ref. Ref thought it was for a straightforward foul whereas VAR, with the benefit of many different angles, must’ve seen the defender kick the ground and then the ball. The attacker just took a dive and an “injury”. Spoils it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Schar got his foot to the ball first, then threw himself in the air knowing there would probbably be contact, which there was but barely. The softest of soft penalties. I stil. feel Wolves are in this, they need to get the ball to Neto, as he has Burn on toast.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This f***ing clear and obvious error bollocks. It couldn't be overturned due to the current regulations but FFS. Get the ref to have another look and properly allow him to way up the decision.
‘It couldn't be overturned due to the current regulations’

That’s not true - of course it could.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That’s what I was thinking, I don’t see contact at all.
I’m pretty sure there is zero contact with his foot to Schar’s foot. May be a tiny bit of leg on leg but it’s 100% not a pen!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dont expect Shay Given to agree to anything that is negative towards Newcastle

There u go ..Given penalty…bllx
Anyone who speaks so quickly should never be trusted. Not enough time for his brain to engage.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Jared Gillet on VAR. Say no more.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
His other foot flicks the ball, his leg he kicks with makes zero contact with Schar and the Newcastle player is already going down and stands on Hwang foot.

Honestly, what hope have you got with these VAR officials? Can understand the referee getting that wrong but they’ve watched that 50 times and still made the wrong decision, incompetent officiating.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just seen the goals. Never a penalty. Every angle shows no contact or at most a feather touch on Schar’s ankle. Nothing that should be make him fall as dramatically as he did. Schar completely looking for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here