[Albion] Premier League 27-29/10/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The whole don’t care how long it takes to make the right decision is all well and good but the experience for the fans inside the stadium is absolutely atrocious, the VAR rooms seem like panic ridden pits of despair, if it’s taking you 5 and a half minutes to draw lines on a screen then you’re clearly incompetent at your job.

The paying customers in the stadium can’t stand it, the paying customers who pay to watch on TV can’t hear the discussions either, I’d have a lot more sympathy if I could hear the discussions, but they won’t let us hear in because then we will hear what an absolute shit show it is.

And after all that I’m still not convinced that was the right decision.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Home and away supporters were singing together "This is embarrassing"* during the five minute wait for a decision.

*to the tune of "Is there a fire drill?" which is to the tune of an opera I think, but you know what I mean.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wolves- Toon is a big match here. If we are to finish top 6 again we'll probably need to finish above Newcastle. Tonali's suspension and their Dortmund defeat have made for a bad week for Eddie Howe, and we could do with Wolves adding to the pain.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Home and away supporters were singing together "This is embarrassing"* during the five minute wait for a decision.

*to the tune of "Is there a fire drill?" which is to the tune of an opera I think, but you know what I mean.
I think it’s Donna’s Mobile from Wriggle Eto(Samuel’s brother) or something like that.

The supporters were right - the use of VAR in the PL is a complete shambles

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Jose Sa proving once again to be one of the worst keepers in the Premier League.

As an aside I hadnt realised that Southampton and Leeds had managed to get their shit together in the Championship. Shame, hopefully Ipswich can continue to spoil the party.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
VAR know that's not a penalty, but are just trying to determine if it's wrong enough to overturn.

EDIT: Apparently they don't think it's wrong enough.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Never a penalty in a trillion years

He stopped the kick and actually flicked the ball the Newcastle player then trod on him, unbelievable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m pretty sure there is actually zero contact with the foot there and Schar dives - so poor from the VAR officials - at least send the ref over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports