Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 27/02 - 01/03

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Well in terms of have we lost games by more goals or played worse in a week or even lost 2 more vital games then of course we've had worse weeks but I can't remember that many more soul destroying weeks given the manner of the defeats.
Losing 5-0 at Selhurst, losing to Canvey Island & Kingstonians, losing to Palace & Sheff Weds in the playoffs. Losing to Notts County in the play off final. All worse IMHO

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Losing 5-0 at Selhurst, losing to Canvey Island & Kingstonians, losing to Palace & Sheff Weds in the playoffs. Losing to Notts County in the play off final. All worse IMHO

Don’t forget Walton & Hersham and Leatherhead.

We used to excel at these low points back in the day.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why are they even contemplating that being a penalty? Never in a million years, both their hands were up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
One of the worst games of the season, and that’s saying something as there has been a multitude of crap games this year.

It’s funny listening to Martin Tyler try hype it up, I don’t think Gary Neville has said anything of note in about 2 hours :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Both Manutd and Chelsea look very beatable.

So did Palace (haven't won without Zaha since the dawn of time were and put to bed 0-3 by goal-shy Burnley inside 47 minutes the week before).

As did West Brom (no home win in 17 till we turn up. Oh, and become the first side in PL history to hit the woodwork with 2 pens in the same game).

Can't be long before Brighton and Hove Albion become a registered charity, handing out PL points to those in need.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
To be fair I wasn't expecting more than 6 points from our last 4 games. It's a shame we've handed points to our rivals but there you go.
I think I've had more enjoyment from beating Spurs and Liverpool, than I have had disappointment from our two defeats. It's still just about a net decent vibe for me. Watch the Spurs and Liverpool highlights again!! :albion2:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be fair I wasn't expecting more than 6 points from our last 4 games. It's a shame we've handed points to our rivals but there you go.
I think I've had more enjoyment from beating Spurs and Liverpool, than I have had disappointment from our two defeats. It's still just about a net decent vibe for me. Watch the Spurs and Liverpool highlights again!! :albion2:

So you were expecting 6 points from our last 4 games. But we have 'enjoyed' a return of a meagre 2 points and 1 goal.

I think the results against Spurs and Liverpool make the 0-0 draws vs. Fulham and Villa and defeats to Palace and West Brom evern more gutting. That is a huge under-performance from the whole group of players and the management when it comes to getting it over the line.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
19 teams in the league look and are beatable.

This.

Although I must say that Spuds looked pretty damn good today and I’m also hoping that Liverpool find some fine form tonight.

Both teams are Fulham’s next couple of opponents.

They then have Man City. Ha ha.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why are they even contemplating that being a penalty? Never in a million years, both their hands were up.

Under the current laws, that was a stone wall pen. CHO's hand is up at shoulder height and he touches the ball with his hand, guiding it away from Greenwood. He touches it first. How is that NOT a pen ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here