[Albion] Premier League 26-28/12/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Didnt think so at all. Made a couple of errors with corners but that can always happen. Seemed to remain calm and had a natural authority.
Yes he appeared to show and equally receive respect without wanting to be the centre of attention. I'm sure there will be times he will make huge errors but we accept that it's that far too many make it about them.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That was really surprisingly fun. Sheffield United are poor, but that kind of thing (two own goals in 5 minutes) is so common when confidence is low and results aren’t coming. You stick a leg out and it’s almost guaranteed to loop into the goal. Not that Sheffield United aren’t overmatched at this level - they are - but luck was against them a little too.

Exciting game between two poor sides, best I could’ve hoped for really. Referee had a good game and looks comfortable at this level.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Shit refereeing decision to rule out Gakpo's goal. VAR scared to overrule the refs again.
Disagree. I don't want VAR getting involved with those. I didn't think Newcastle's was a pen but again VAR can bugger off and only get involved when it's an absolute howler. Leave it to the onfield ref. For an example of when VAR should keep it's nose out - see the pen given against Hinshelwood v Forest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the unlikely event Liverpool don't win, Klipperty now has a narrative other than 'my team let us all down tonight'.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
After Liverpool's goal was just ruled out for Salah offside and interfeering with play just a reminder that VAR ruled the Villa player here was NOT interfeering with play and allowed the goal.
1000008502.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone admits the decision making in that Villa game was shite.

Although the Liverpool decision tonight was very different, as the action was considerably more condensed.

1703617758215.png

The footage from behind the goal is even more damning.

Last edited:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Nice incisive commentary from Steve Macmanaman. States unequivocally that an offside decision against Mo Salah should not be disallowed because Trafford “was never going to save it”. 🤦‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports