Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-28/12/23

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In his post match Smug will now have to deflect everything away from himself.

I'd be amazed if he mentions the ref, what with him having a good game, but not completely surprised if he crops up.

What would amaze me is if the reporter replies "you f##kin what, he did everything he could to help you win"

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A few thoughts on this one. Well played Chris Kavanagh, who I thought had a terrific game. The penalty was 50/50 and I can see why he gave it, although it might be a bit soft to some people. I think it’s a penalty - just. But that controversial moment aside I thought he controlled the game excellently and didn’t take any nonsense, consistent for both sides. That’s the standard I want to see every match to be honest.

Also, Elanga against Burn was a bit embarrassing. I like Burn still, but it was like the hungover 40 year old getting repeatedly skinned by the pacey 18 year old on a Sunday morning at the park. Why Howe didn’t change him at half time I have no idea - he had Livramento available!

Reminded me a bit of when Solly had Cucurella on toast at the Amex, leading to Cucu leaving the pitch in tears.

Marvellous scenes and well done Forest, a result I think we can all enjoy.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If only I’d had more faith in Mr Wood 😢

IMG_7815.jpeg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Is it wrong to be wanting a Villa win? Although we could still go above Utd if they draw.
No, I think that’s probably ok - Villa are a fair way ahead of us now, so the priority has to be limiting Man Utd to a draw, or even a defeat.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Is it wrong to be wanting a Villa win? Although we could still go above Utd if they draw.

They would have to go on to have an abysmal 2nd half to the season for us catch them, but it could happen.

Man Utd are still very much our rivals for Europe. So for me, Villa win or a draw would be ideal.

Newcastle defeat was brilliant. A nice Fulham win next up would be a great day for us indeed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In his post match Smug will now have to deflect everything away from himself.

I'd be amazed if he mentions the ref, what with him having a good game, but not completely surprised if he crops up.

What would amaze me is if the reporter replies "you f##kin what, he did everything he could to help you win"
Just watching now.
Summing up, he says today's loss is the fault of the Christmas scheduling, playing on a Tuesday, the 12.30 ko, eating and drinking too much, injuries, being shown live on Amazon where they look better on Sky, Chris Woods being too tall for Trippier and anything else that comes to mind to deflect from his general smugginess.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Same, anything but a Manchester United win suits us.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just watching now.
Summing up, he says today's loss is the fault of the Christmas scheduling, playing on a Tuesday, the 12.30 ko, eating and drinking too much, injuries, being shown live on Amazon where they look better on Sky, Chris Woods being too tall for Trippier and anything to deflect from his general smugginess.
Anything about the referee? That’s his favourite - referees and injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here