Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-28/12/23

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But this decision has nothing to do with VAR.
The check was minimal just to make sure there was a touch.

My problem, pretty much since the Turkish ref got chinned, is why is everything the fault of the ref and VAR?
As per the instant reactions on here.
Eh? Have you missed the last couple of years somehow since var was introduced? It has been getting progressively more unpopular and even major exponents have turned against it. But if you want to stick up for it or aren't bothered then fair enough, enjoy it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eh? Have you missed the last couple of years somehow since var was introduced? It has been getting progressively more unpopular and even major exponents have turned against it. But if you want to stick up for it or aren't bothered then fair enough, enjoy it.
Something being unpopular doesn't mean it is at fault in every situation.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Something being unpopular doesn't mean it is at fault in every situation.
Who said it is at fault in every situation? Certainly not me, indeed var is often correct and helpful. However the net worth of var is questionable and imo it has affected the game detrimentally, so much so that it's an unhelpful distraction. Bin it bin it bin it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I absolutely hate it.
It's just for me referee and var aren't to blame for 99% of all footballs on field issues.

People no longer care about what they've seen they just want to blame the ref, sometimes even before the game has started, and I've had enough of that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh I absolutely hate it.
It's just for me referee and var aren't to blame for 99% of all footballs on field issues.

People no longer care about what they've seen they just want to blame the ref, sometimes even before the game has started, and I've had enough of that.
Good points! 👍🏻

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Forest deserve this they were playing well in the first half.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Nuno has done extremely well, today...
gettyimages-896342280-612x612.jpg

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
By being a bit crap ourselves more often than not?

It's not that we're crap... it's the fixture congestion caused by European football.

Newcastle, just like us, are suffering from injuries and fatigue because of European football.

It was totally predictable that this would happen. It happens to clubs all of the time. SOME of the big six have such talent and squad depth that they can handle it most of the time, but teams like us an Newcastle really see our league form dip as a result of European football.

One positive is that we're seemingly handling better than Newcastle... AND we're still in Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here