Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-28/01/21

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Really need Newcastle to get beat whatever our result , their squad looks very weak compared to the stragglers, thing is Leeds looked pretty devoid of ideas against us which evens it up a bit .

I'm leaning a bit towards a draw to keep Leeds in the mix. If not, obviously defeat for Newcastle. Either way, a win against Fulham makes the world of difference and I'd just love us to have a thumping win in what any fan would see as a 6 pointer. I could sleep well and dream well all the way till Sunday:)

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'm leaning a bit towards a draw to keep Leeds in the mix. If not, obviously defeat for Newcastle. Either way, a win against Fulham makes the world of difference and I'd just love us to have a thumping win in what any fan would see as a 6 pointer. I could sleep well and dream well all the way till Sunday:)

Life supporting the Albion has never been that kind.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whilst losses for Newcastle & Burnley would be great all we really need to do is pick up three points tomorrow. Put a bit of daylight between us and the bottom three.

Still worried Fulham and / or WBA have been looking much better in recent weeks... that’s my worry.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Win for Leeds for me.. Keep Newcastle plummeting like a stone - that said, Newcastle could be the sort of side that Leeds struggle with again - sit deep, pace on the counter if they can commit players forward. I am pretty calm about our game - but dreading the reaction on here. It would be unbelievably good to win, but just think it will be a draw. Bigger game for Fulham than us, relatively, I think - they cannot really afford to lose or they are relying on them doing significantly better than us in the second half of the season - I just don't see that.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
So if we win 7 of those and draw one we’ve ****ed it :( I reckon the draw will come tomorrow if that helps :)

Point is, mentality like this just breeds disappointment tbh - and often that is evident on NSC after a defeat or draw which is painful reading. Not getting at you personally just...
Would leave us on 39 points, id be ok with that.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Newcastle will play for the draw and hope to sneak a win.
Exactly the type of play Leeds hate.

Expect plenty of other lowertable Prem teams to cotton onto this.
Go toe-to toe with Leeds and they might beat you 4-2.
Be well organised and let them blow themselves out and you will get no less than 1 point.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would leave us on 39 points, id be ok with that.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

So would I - but it ain’t happening! Good news is we should pick up points in our other games!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Still worried Fulham and / or WBA have been looking much better in recent weeks... that’s my worry.

More worried about our own performances and picking up points than starting to worry about other teams at the half way stage of the season. If we don't get another 18 points minimum then we don't deserve to stay up. But personally I'm still confident we will starting with a win tomorrow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
More worried about our own performances and picking up points than starting to worry about other teams at the half way stage of the season. If we don't get another 18 points minimum then we don't deserve to stay up. But personally I'm still confident we will starting with a win tomorrow.

Yep - fair points :clap:

I think we’ve turned a bit of a corner since halftime at Wolves - draw tomo tho.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex

I'm with you on this.. we wont go down because Burnley beat Liverpool for example..

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Tomorrow will go a long way to defining the rest of the season.

Win, and we put clear daylight between us and the bottom three. Plus, if any of the bottom three were still to catch us from there, they’d also be catching the likes of Newcastle etc. We’d no longer be the only team at risk of falling into the mire.

Lose, and we’d sink deeper into a scrap with Fulham and WBA, and be stuck as part of a bottom four detached from the rest.

The scenarios are equally critical for Fulham.

They really need to win, and a defeat seriously narrows their options for staying up. It’s a massive game for them too.

So.

Draw it is then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Newcastle fans put huge pressure on the manager and the players.

But, clearly, they can't be at StJP to be the 12th man and roar them on.

Worst of both worlds for the Massive Barcodes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here