Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-27/12

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Spurs will jump right up to third if they can build on their dream start in the first minute.

This season may lack the usual quality through fatigue but it is very exciting from the top to bottom.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not booking someone for a blatant dive yet penalising players for having armpits offsides or goalkeepers for having half a toe off the line. Useless VAR, one thing I would get on board with is VAR advising the referee to book players for diving when it’s as blatant as that one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not really, he is very good at this. He did it for us as well before England came sniffing. I am sure he will keep them up

Whilst Sam isn't a progressive move for a club with ideas of advancing and developing, he does a job, and does it well. I'm not expecting him to make a huge difference over SB, but from a BHA perspective, we need to up our game, or WBA couldsurvive, at our expense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wolves scoring direct from a corner...

... No cause for alarm.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Mourinho really is a charlatan who happened to get lucky taking over a squad with Kane and Son in it. Still stuns me that Levy hired him, and I like Mourinho.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sooner Mourinho realises then era of holding out for 1-0 wins is over the quicker he can move this Tottenham team forward, when you have Kane and Son yet park the bus every time you go 1-0 you are wasting two of the best players in the league.

I don’t think he’ll ever change though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whilst Sam isn't a progressive move for a club with ideas of advancing and developing, he does a job, and does it well. I'm not expecting him to make a huge difference over SB, but from a BHA perspective, we need to up our game, or WBA couldsurvive, at our expense.

Very progressive manager, at least a few years ago. Pretty much the one who introduced data analysis, tactical periodisation, Milan-lab stuff to keep older players fit etc. and it wouldnt surprise me if he keeps firmly in touch with even newer trends as well. The myth that Allardyce is some type of old-school dinosaur manager is just that, a myth, which should infuriate a lot of those who slate him for not being progressive as well as those who romanticise his "old school" ways.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Very progressive manager, at least a few years ago. Pretty much the one who introduced data analysis, tactical periodisation, Milan-lab stuff to keep older players fit etc. and it wouldnt surprise me if he keeps firmly in touch with even newer trends as well. The myth that Allardyce is some type of old-school dinosaur manager is just that, a myth, which should infuriate a lot of those who slate him for not being progressive as well as those who romanticise his "old school" ways.

Yeh, he spent a few quid on earpeices and microphones etc as well .... but on the pitch, there's quite a bit of 16 stone strikers and full backs who can kick it 70 yards, the reputation is deserved.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, they rather talked around the subject

They’re mouthy when it suits them, I’ve heard Neville and Hinchcliffe say “I’m sorry, that’s a dive” or “simply unacceptable”. Aimed at Johnny Foreigners or players for ‘lesser’ clubs.

The moment someone becomes an England stalwart, questioning their honesty becomes taboo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here