Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 25-27/8/23

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would VAR have disallowed a Spurs goal if they’d scored after that GBH tackle on the Muff player

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would VAR have disallowed a Spurs goal if they’d scored after that GBH tackle on the Muff player
It was an awful challenge hardly mentioned by the commentary.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can understand Sokratis Papastathopoulos having his first name on the back of his shirt but Philip Billing?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Chelsea v Luton Town (20:00) - H
AFC Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur (12:30) - D
Arsenal v Fulham H
Brentford v Crystal Palace H
Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers A
Manchester United v Nottingham Forest D
Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United (17:30) - H
Burnley v Aston Villa A
Sheffield United v Manchester City (14:00) A
Newcastle United v Liverpool (16:30) D

Have Newcastle got the worst draw in the Prem. Man City, Liverpool & Albion.
Brentford could be 3rd tonight but confident we'll still be top.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wondered that. Replays show his heel scraped the ball. To me, that's not enough, the only way he makes contact with the ball is by going through the player and scissoring his leg out from under him, but with VAR, who knows what way they'd go. Contact with the ball enough for it not to be a 'clear and obvious error' in VAR's mind?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I wondered that. Replays show his heel scraped the ball. To me, that's not enough, the only way he makes contact with the ball is by going through the player and scissoring his leg out from under him, but with VAR, who knows what way they'd go. Contact with the ball enough for it not to be a 'clear and obvious error' in VAR's mind?
Foul all day long. If spurs had scored it should have been wiped out under VAR review, but because it is spurs it would have stood of course.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The co-commentator is so annoying.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Is the commentary box in the spurs end?

I thought those pig-ignorant spurs fans were warned against singing the 'Being a ' song yet blast it out at every available opportunity

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Spurs up to 11 players on the pitch having subbed Richarlison

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bournemouth player gets in linos face, no booking….. wonder if that’s because it was obviously not a foul.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends if the guy on VAR is mates with the ref I guess

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I always suspected he'd be a good coach. Certainly much better than some of the overrated European merry go round types like Pochetino and Conte.

When Kane left you feel he embraced it. Some of these designer manager types would have whined about their club owners and made excuses for their crap forthcoming season.
Kane leaving is a blessing for Ange, less presser to apease the player and the circus in the media around

I am impressed how he has dismantled the toxic leadership group at the club, which Kane was part of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here