[Albion] Premier League 21-24/12/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With all that money bagged from sales in the summer, it's a shame we didn't just invest a little over the norm or allow the clause in his contract to get a player like Kudus. He's clearly a player that would make a difference between finishing 6/7th and 9/10th.
He probably would be injured if he had signed for us. No luck this season on that front.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Don't jest. Just seen the Sky pundits reviewing the Ødegaard incident and it's beyond ridiculous how handball is not given.
Yep, I was genuinely gobsmacked but I shouldn’t be, VAR is often an inexplicable clusterfuck of bad decisions/non decisions.

in the highly unlikely scenario that we score first VAR will take as long as it takes to find a reason to disallow the goal. This is the SPURS.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mike Dean mentioned on soccer Saturday that they are looking at allowing var to intervene on second yellows.

Don’t look at it, do it. Disgraceful that Boly was sent off for that.
Fine line isn’t it - do we want VAR re-refereeing games completely and slow games further or go as is ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The ironic thing is VAR was brought in for clear and obvious errors, Boly's second yellow was clear and obviously wrong yet VAR can't intervene. It's a shambles. That incident changed the game completely.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No, this season away to Villa. From the Guardians "how it happened" report:

There was a foul on March in the build-up but it wasn’t given and Villa counter-attacked to devastating effect once again. After good play from Watkins, Diaby shot straight at Steele, then mishit a follow-up that was going well wide until the off-balance Estupinan unwittingly turned it into his own net.

It’s being checked by VAR.
And we had no chance to clear the ball so it had to be the same passage of play, whereas Sheff Utd could have cleared it a few times

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The ironic thing is VAR was brought in for clear and obvious errors, Boly's second yellow was clear and obviously wrong yet VAR can't intervene. It's a shambles. That incident changed the game completely.
Romeros red against Chelsea was a deserved red

However the whole period of play started with a Sterling dive, which they could not go back and give as it is not under the VAR rules.

If that was given the Romero card would not have been given as it would have gone all the way back

I hate VAR, but if you are going to bring it in I do not see why it is not brought in fully, game is already ruined by VAR

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fine line isn’t it - do we want VAR re-refereeing games completely and slow games further or go as is ?
A incorrectly given corner is more of an issue than a toe nail being offside, always thought it was.

I imagine the plan was always to go all in once they had brought it in for "clear and obvious", managers will start upping the pressure, followed by the players and media

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Mike Dean mentioned on soccer Saturday that they are looking at allowing var to intervene on second yellows.

Don’t look at it, do it. Disgraceful that Boly was sent off for that.
They'd have to look at both the first and second. Surely they'll not be stupid enough to only look at the second when it becomes a sending off offense?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A incorrectly given corner is more of an issue than a toe nail being offside, always thought it was.

I imagine the plan was always to go all in once they had brought it in for "clear and obvious", managers will start upping the pressure, followed by the players and media
Doesn't matter how many incorrect corners we get awarded - we'd do nothing with them....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports