[Albion] Premier League 21-24/12/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Exactly what I thought - looked onside to me. The lines made it look like it wasn't even particularly close - there was quite a gap between them.

View attachment 171660
Looks offside to me. 29's knee is the furthest forward part of his body, and looks to be inline with the inside of the newcatle player's leg, with the newcastle players shoulder (above the shirt line, so counts) is further forward then his knee. I'm not surprised the lines made it look not very close.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Weirdest status of the year award.

A referee does well, but he doesn't want her there...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Looks offside to me. 29's knee is the furthest forward part of his body, and looks to be inline with the inside of the newcatle player's leg, with the newcastle players shoulder (above the shirt line, so counts) is further forward then his knee. I'm not surprised the lines made it look not very close.
And this is the rub for me - it shouldn't come down to millimetres either way, that's not what the offside rule is there for. Go with the linos onfield call and if VAR can't tell on one look that they are obviously wrong then go with the onfield decision. In other words - just get on with it!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Odegaard just did a massive handball in their area which was deemed accidental according to the commentators. Have they changed the rules again?
Apparently. His hand moved towards the ball but now it seems that if he slipped it's OK. Meanwhile a ball comes off a player's leg and hits the arm raised it is a pen.
Ridiculous.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In the 60s and 70s players spent the afternoon in either the pub or the bookies. (Apparently)
Ben White seems to spend his in the tanning studio.
When he was with us, I'd often run by his house.

Pretty much every time I'd go by after dark, the glow from his garage, emanating from the sunbed in there, was quite something.

I'd imagine it was safer to look directly at the sun than it was to look at the dazzling light coming from chez White.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Doesn’t he look a dick 😜
Rather vain yet is happy to scar his body all over with ink. Talking to a few Arsenal fans after last week's game most of their fans they know are convinced he will come out one day even though he's currently married.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I know some people like Peter Drury being back, but every single effort on goal, he shouts the full name of the player making the effort on goal….. it’s really annoying!!
Really winds me up that too. He often even pauses as well before shouting the name so it times with the actual shot

And it’s……………MO SALAH

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Apparently. His hand moved towards the ball but now it seems that if he slipped it's OK. Meanwhile a ball comes off a player's leg and hits the arm raised it is a pen.
Ridiculous
It's a nailed on handball in current climate.

And Arsenal defender has just clearly leaned with top of his arm to deflect Elliott shot wide.

Big club decisions abounding! For Wolves it would have been two penalties!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It's a nailed on handball in current climate.

And Arsenal defender has just clearly leaned with top of his arm to deflect Elliott shot wide.

Big club decisions abounding! For Wolves it would have been two penalties!
Wait until you see the decisions Spurs get on 28 Dec :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports