Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23/4/23

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apparently there is Premier League football this weekend...

FRIDAY 21ST APRIL​

• Arsenal v Southampton (20:00) - Sky Sports

SATURDAY 22ND APRIL​

• Fulham v Leeds United (12:30) - BT Sport
  • Brentford v Aston Villa
  • Crystal Palace v Everton
  • Leicester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers
  • Liverpool v Nottingham Forest

SUNDAY 23RD APRIL​

• AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United (14:00)
  • Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur (14:00) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 08.59.14.png

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
  • Arsenal v Southampton

SATURDAY 22ND APRIL​

• Fulham v Leeds United
  • Brentford v Aston Villa Draw please
  • Crystal Palace v Everton Dont give a feck
  • Leicester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Dont give a feck
  • Liverpool v Nottingham Forest

SUNDAY 23RD APRIL​

• AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United
  • Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Brentford to beat Villa, please
Liverpool to stumble against Forest, please, however unlikely that is
Spurs Newcastle is tougher. A draw is probably the best option but, if we still think we can make the top four, a Spurs win might be preferable
Looking at the fixtures for the season I beleive top 4 is never going to happen, heck we play all 4 teams ourselves which would be relegation worries in any other season.
So who are we chasing?
Spurs have 3 hard games on paper, Newcastle (a), Man Utd (h) & Liverpool (a). That could end up on 0 points. Last 4 include Villa away and lastly Leeds (a) who could pull off their last game survival again.
Newcastle have a very easy run. Other than Spurs, Arsenal & us at home it's mid or bottom teams. Some may be fighting for survival but I reckon they are nailed on 4th or higher.
Man Utd. Really need them to win win in their next two games. Spurs (a) & Villa (h). After losing to us they've easy (in the EPL?) games so expect them to get the wins needed to stay 3rd.
Aston Villa. Where did they come from? They could slip up with Man Utd (a), Liverpool (a) & Wolves (a), the latter simply because it's a local derby. Biggest game could well be Brighton (h).
Liverpool. The unknown team, who will turn up on the day? They play the bottom three clubs, albeit two of them away, along with games against 'Ammers (a), Spurs (h) & Villa (h). 8 draws would be great.
So in my mind our target is still Spurs for 5th spot.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's funny to think we're all praying for a Brentford win in that fixture. Had it been played a a month ago, we'd have been praying for the opposite.

It goes to show that there are still lots of twists and turns left in this season. I have a sneaky feeling Villa will run out of steam but Liverpool will do the opposite and prove to be the biggest threat to our league position.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
7th - 8th...

Can't see Forest getting anything from Liverpool, sadly, so Brentford v Villa seems the big one. Come on the buzzy Bees!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'd have settled for just the 3 that were so blatantly robbed from us at Spurs, giving us 52 and Spurs back on 50.

The Palace one was the bigger c*ck up though, drawing the offside line from the wrong player is a completely 100% concrete error, it cannot be debated. The Spurs ones are down to interpretation of rules and have shades of grey areas about them (for those that want to see them).

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The Palace one was the bigger c*ck up though, drawing the offside line from the wrong player is a completely 100% concrete error, it cannot be debated. The Spurs ones are down to interpretation of rules and have shades of grey areas about them (for those that want to see them).
Fair point, but I guess (to me, anyway), it was the number of let's say, 'iffy' decisions against us in the Spurs match, which boils my piss more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here