Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23/10/23

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I detest Martinez. I’m not one to wish a serious injury on someone but I could make an exception for him, preferably self inflicted as he throws himself to the ground.

Totally agree, just a totally unlikeable individual. He thinks he’s antics make him an eccentric like a Jorge Campos or a Bruce Grobbelaar, but instead his dry humping anything he can just make him look like a ****.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Should be imho. We are in a unique position in that we are in Europe for the first time ever (so want to make an impression) but most teams prioritise the league. You only have to look at West Hams team for most of the European campaign last season, pretty much a reserve team,. especially early on.

Yes - but look at the opposition.
We have a very tough group (and I think we’re happy with that - but it means we can’t simply play the “first team” for the EPL and the reserves in Europe).

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Why have Villa and West Ham again both played their best XI’s, days before European ties?

Is the PL the bread n butter, always the primary competition to target resources?
Because you don’t have to rotate anywhere near as much as RDZ is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because you don’t have to rotate anywhere near as much as RDZ is.

That doesn’t explain why Emery and Moyes keep churning out the same PL starting 11 where they can.

If anything you’d think the riches of Villa would see a Klopp-esque alternating of personnel.

Emery imho has tunnel vision for PL three points on repeat. Europe comes second.

Arteta was another one last season who ran a favoured 11 into the ground.

VillaFan

May 20, 2023
The thing about Emery is the strategy is to take the lead, then cheat or if you’re a fanboy call it “cute game management”.

West Ham built up a head of steam, so Martinez falls to the ground completely lying with a leg injury. It worked, WHU momentum killed.

I love it when they go behind eg at SJP and Anfield, the plan collapses.

That’s why Villa won’t usurp the best.
Sorry for cheating when we beat you 6-1.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry for cheating when we beat you 6-1.

Not bothered about that. Villa were slagged off as cheats last season too.

It's the stain you bring to football. Grown 'men' rolling around on the floor, lying, under instructions from Emery.

As a result, loved it when you were taken apart at Anfield and SJP.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The thing that's so bizarre with Villa (sorry - this is just repeating myself, and others) is that they are REALLY good - they don't need to do all that crap "game management". They could be a team that others loved to watch and took to their hearts. Instead, they cheat and con the ref endlessly, and other teams' supporters despise them. But maybe they just don't care.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
No problem with getting best 6-1 this season. The problem was Villa last season at the Amex. In 40 years of watching I’ve never seen a team time waste so much. Was embarrassing and why they had to make changes this season and add time on properly. Also why if you have the trainer on you wait 30 seconds before coming back on.
A lot of pundits don’t get it but anyone who saw Villa last year understands.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
McGinn going down like he’d been shot when it was actually Watkins that caught him 😂
I enjoyed Watkins' reaction. His face was one of 'you pathetic prat'.
It's our best chance of qualifying for Europe again next season. As far as the PL is concerned, top ten will be a bloody good outcome.
It sure is. But we all knew it would be tougher. 10th will be a great outcome for most seasons now sadly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolute clown college defending from the Fulham CBs Shirley Bassey and Tim Ream for that one.
More of the same on Sunday please my loves x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here