Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23/10/23

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Talking to a villa fan at work this morning (always have banter with him)and he is convinced Villa will win the league. Totally convinced. "Next 3 games are easy for us so we'll be top and no one will catch us" were his words 🤣

Villa fans seem second only to Leeds fans in the delusion stakes

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What's this new (I think - don't remember hearing it before) continental style chant from the spurs fans?!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No problem with getting best 6-1 this season. The problem was Villa last season at the Amex. In 40 years of watching I’ve never seen a team time waste so much. Was embarrassing and why they had to make changes this season and add time on properly. Also why if you have the trainer on you wait 30 seconds before coming back on.
A lot of pundits don’t get it but anyone who saw Villa last year understands.

Pretty much every Villa player on the pitch at the final whistle was on a yellow card for time wasting if I recall correctly

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cheating every match, not just sour grapes. Cheated yesterday against Hammers with various Villa players falling down holding their heads when in the lead. Even Jamie Carragher mentioned it when commentating.

12 Villa players booked in our games against them last season, systematic cheating.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Under the NSC radar, by mid October the PL table already resembles a top 8 money league. We’re the last one standing who haven’t spent countless £100m’s.

Really unusual, from memory normally at this stage a couple of them have struggled, there might be a manager sacking or two on the cards. Later rising to the top as injuries affect the Albion’s or Brentford’s of the league.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Good finish. But it helps when the CB cheaply gives it away, then runs into his partner trying to retrieve it.
He had a peach disallowed against us. Last season? offside? I was in line with the trajectory - it was a great hit.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Under the NSC radar, by mid October the PL table already resembles a top 8 money league. We’re the last one standing who haven’t spent countless £100m’s.

Really unusual, from memory normally at this stage a couple of them have struggled, there might be a manager sacking or two on the cards. Later rising to the top as injuries affect the Albion’s or Brentford’s of the league.
Yep, was thinking the same yesterday looking at the table. United are the team that annoys me seeing their position - they've been fecking awful and yet sit in a decent enough position to push on when they inevitably put a few performances together. So lucky to have 15 points on the board considering how shit they've been in the majority of their games

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Were we not interested in Bassey? Shirley not?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, was thinking the same yesterday looking at the table. United are the team that annoys me seeing their position - they've been fecking awful and yet sit in a decent enough position to push on when they inevitably put a few performances together. So lucky to have 15 points on the board considering how shit they've been in the majority of their games

These last two seasons playing awful football, but a winner from Goofy in sufficient games is enough to give the points for top 5.

It’s purely a money thing. A poor team and very average coach, yet the best part of £2b spent by the Glazer’s in fees buys them a couple of match winners.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Oddly think Fulham haven't played too bad

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Fulham do the basics OK enough to be competitive, but they really lack any creativity. I'm left wondering how this team scores a goal.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here