Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23/10/23

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If that’s a booking then all matches would end 8v8. Not every foul has to be a booking.

It’s a booking because it’s a tactical foul. No attempt to play the ball and a deliberate foul to stop a counter attack.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Hate those kind of decisions. 2 yards from the ball. Split seconds from the boot to hand.

Might as well aim at people's arms.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dyche has been booked, and now his assistant Ian Woan has. I thought the manager had to cop all the cards for failing to control the bench???

Have I been dreaming??

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Dyche has been booked, and now his assistant Ian Woan has. I thought the manager had to cop all the cards for failing to control the bench???

Have I been dreaming??

The manager gets carded if the ref cannot identify which member of the bench has said something etc and should be booked.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That’s a penalty because it directly strikes an outstretched arm, the one against us deflected and by the law shouldn’t be a penalty, despite some strange ones being given this season (Dunk and Luton vs Wolves)

Both correct calls IMO, I did however think that Konate was fortunate given the referee deemed that a foul and it stopped a clear break, seen them given as a yellow.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. Ours was a pen. Yet again it’s lack of consistency.
I don't think ours was comparable to this one. With ours, it hit his hip and bounced up to the underside of the arm. This one, Keane's arm is outstretched in front of him. Not in a particularly unnatural position imo, but preventable in that his arm didn't have to be where it was.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That’s a penalty because it directly strikes an outstretched arm, the one against us deflected and by the law shouldn’t be a penalty, despite some strange ones being given this season (Dunk and Luton vs Wolves)

Both correct calls IMO, I did however think that Konate was fortunate given the referee deemed that a foul and it stopped a clear break, seen them given as a yellow.
True. But the law is sadly trampling all over the spirit. That Liverpool game at the Amex was refereed very badly due to the reluctance of the officials to discipline their players. It appears this courtesy is extended into this match as well.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Refereeing in this country is ridiculous. How is our one V Van Dijk the other week not a penalty and the one today is. Why can’t they make their mind up about what is and isn’t handball?!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Refereeing in this country is ridiculous. How is our one V Van Dijk the other week not a penalty and the one today is. Why can’t they make their mind up about what is and isn’t handball?!
:facepalm:

What’s so difficult to understand that a penalty should not be given if the ball deflects on to a hand, the only time they have been given this season is when the on field referee gave the decision and so VAR doesn’t overturn.

In this incident the arm was clearly out and there was no deflection, hence VAR intervened and correctly so.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True. But the law is sadly trampling all over the spirit. That Liverpool game at the Amex was refereed very badly due to the reluctance of the officials to discipline their players. It appears this courtesy is extended into this match as well.

You have to take each game and incident on its merits. Gross twice tugged back Liverpool players on dangerous counter attacks and got no cards. The ref was one of the let things flow types, when it's a stop-start schoolmaster (falling for the trap laid by Emery, Silva, Moyes or Dyche) we hate that even more.

Keane's was a blatant pen today, his arm position ridiculous.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You have to take each game and incident on its merits. Gross twice tugged back Liverpool players on dangerous counter attacks and got no cards. The ref was one of the let things flow types, when it's a stop-start schoolmaster (falling for the trap laid by Emery, Silva, Moyes or Dyche) we hate that even more.

Keane's was a blatant pen today, his arm position ridiculous.
I'm not really in disagreement about the penalty as the law stands. The ref was lax but Liverpool benefitted from that by constantly breaking the game up and continued unabated as the ref wouldn't book anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here