Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 20-22/8/22

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The hatred for an exemplary footballer, a one club man who always gave 100% both for his beloved club and for his country (where he often had to play out of postion to accommodate media darlings like Lampard and Scholes) is strange too. Unless it's just because he's a scouser (scouse-haters for some reason gettng a free ride when it comes to derogatory stereotyping).

Is it though as that means nothing to them what a player did for another club.

They have spent large and achieved not a lot

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The hatred for an exemplary footballer, a one club man who always gave 100% both for his beloved club and for his country (where he often had to play out of postion to accommodate media darlings like Lampard and Scholes) is strange too. Unless it's just because he's a scouser (scouse-haters for some reason gettng a free ride when it comes to derogatory stereotyping).
It's because they replaced Dean Smith - who was living the dream managing his and their boyhood club - with Steven Gerrard, a guy who is believed to consider Villa Park little more than a stepping stone to the Liverpool job, and the football has apparently got worse.

It's all very funny. Villa Talk seems is full of "Poch in" - and even worse - "Potter in", which is ironic seeing as they don't like the arrogance of anyone seeing Villa Park as a stepping stone to a bigger club, but are happy to assume theirs is what Potter should consider as his dream job.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watching MOTD - VAR making bad decisions this week to counterbalance the bad decisions from lthe last two weeks. We've stupidly ignored a stone-wall penalty earlier this season - best instigate a ridiculously soft one to make up for it. There, done it. So that's all OK then ......... we're doing fine .................. :thumbsup:

Let's do some off-side decisions that defy common sense as well then - maybe that'll stop all those horrid discussions about red cards we've criminally missed.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Villa has spent a **** ton of money over the past couple seasons and have nothing in essence to really show for it. Not neccessarily all on Gerrard, but a lot of it is. I don't really care either way, but yes I do think if things do not turn around rather quickly he will be gone.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I need to hear [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] Villa family members take on this.

They are probably going to sign Caicedo and Sanchez to steady the ship

I am planning to fly over for the Villa home game. Sods law they have a new manager and playing much better by then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't thinking about Villa fans..................................

My dislike comes from the media wankfest about how fecking brilliant he is as a manager...well he was until about 5 games into his Villa career. A classic case of a great player being over touted having done f all in the PL. It's more about the media bigging up than the man himself for me :shrug:

I did find him extremely cocky after his first few games at Villa though. His comments to the press about Mings did him no favours in my eyes either, you don't throw players under the bus as a manager imo

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's because they replaced Dean Smith - who was living the dream managing his and their boyhood club - with Steven Gerrard, a guy who is believed to consider Villa Park little more than a stepping stone to the Liverpool job, and the football has apparently got worse.

It's all very funny. Villa Talk seems is full of "Poch in" - and even worse - "Potter in", which is ironic seeing as they don't like the arrogance of anyone seeing Villa Park as a stepping stone to a bigger club, but are happy to assume theirs is what Potter should consider as his dream job.

Mopo would be a good fit for Villa, so I hope he doesn’t go there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2-0 from a free kick. Fee kick into the box met with a decent header from rodrigo.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Win against Leeds and we can go top.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
bubble.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Glancing up every so often, it seems like Newcastle are keeping the ball and making some good runs at goal. I don't know if this is because City are 1-0 and are sitting back comfrotable they can cut through if they need to, but it's not the 'newcastle camped in their own area' game I thought it would be. Guess we're better than man city...

Except scoring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here