Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 20-22/5/23

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why start showing this kind of application to defend now yet defend like blind badgers at Fulham last week?

How they are in this predicament in the first place I find absolutely bizarre, I guess injuries but a team with players like Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Castagne etc should not be anywhere near relegation

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Blimey that was close

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This makes me even more hacked off with our result up there.

Still want Leicester to pinch it mind.
The squad depth just wasn't up to it to go hard against Newcastle, when sandwiched in between Arsenal and Southampton. Seemed fairly clear that RDZ prioritised the Southampton game. We'll go up there and batter them next year :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The squad depth just wasn't up to it to go hard against Newcastle, when sandwiched in between Arsenal and Southampton. Seemed fairly clear that RDZ prioritised the Southampton game. We'll go up there and batter them next year :thumbsup:
Except they have the money to strengthen significantly.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I don’t care what anyone says Newcastle are not better than us just luckier.

They had two games this season where they have absolutely stolen 3 points. Firstly v Wolves where Nick Pope should have been sent off and wolves awarded a penalty and against Fulham where Mitrovic slipped and doubled kick the penalty to put Fulham ahead in the second half.

By contrast we have had the Palace and Spurs debacle which cost us points as well as the decisions v Leicester and Villa that cost us potential points.

I know they beat us comfortably last week but that was almost a B team versus their full strength side after us playing a load more games.

They may now strengthen and get away from us but right now our best 11 when fit and healthy beats theirs.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well, I for one am glad that we got over our line with a win, and for that matter at the Amex.

Leaving aside all the financial implications, it's a much better feeling to finish the job in style rather than just creeping over the line.

We deservedly took all 3 points. Villa were battered, but held on for 1. Spurs got 0 at home from a winning position.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I still think Leicester would be happy with a draw. That pretty much relegates Leeds, as there is no way both Leicester and Everton fail to win. If Leicester are only relying on one favour on the final day, they have a chance.
I'm going to have a pint of wine to celebrate if Leeds go down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still, Sam is right up there with Pep, so you never know.

Neck and neck.

Number of managers better than Fat Sam: Zero. None. Zilch.

He is a god among men. Whenever his team loses, it's because the players aren't good enough (I know this because he says so every time).

Don't be fooled by the last 6 or 7 years of media hype pretending that you need to pass the ball around. Nothing is as bad as seeing a goalkeeper pass the ball to his centre-back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Except they have the money to strengthen significantly.

And have been spending big for sometime.

IMG_4156.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here