The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
02235cbf-aa17-46a5-b44d-4eced5442921.jpeg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would love it if we beat Villa final day, Spurs lost to Leeds and somehow Brentford beat City and sneak into 7th spot. 😎

Agreed but let’s get there ourselves first - commmmmeeeee onnnnnn Suussesseeeeexxxx
This - we're not in Europe ourselves.

Was Everton really so long ago we've forgotten?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well, it hasn't worked very well for PSG. Grudgingly must admit there's a sprinkling of Guardiola magic involved too. But totally agree it's not that much of an achievement with infinite resources and all those charges still to be resolved.
Yeah you're right. Guardiola is obviously a great manager and their buys have worked out well. PSG have somehow managed to get far less value for their 'efforts'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, it hasn't worked very well for PSG. Grudgingly must admit there's a sprinkling of Guardiola magic involved too.

Pep magic is no different than player magic - they have the best players because they've spent the money, and have the best manager for the same reason.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think you have to say they did. They were doing so well, and were fine while they could play the 'look, it's early days, let's not get carried away' card. But once we got into the final third of the season, and the possibility of winning the title because more realistic, less of a quirk of early fixtures, that's when they started to drop points. If they missed out solely on dropping points to thriving teams (top 4-6 teams, for example) maybe it could be argued that they were just up against good teams. But they dropped four points against Southampton, three to Everton, now three to Forest, two v West Ham. That was the difference. Beat the teams they should when the pressure is on and they are champions, even with the dropped points v city, us, newcastle, man u, and liverpool. They wouldn't even have to worry about the VAR error v Brentford.
It’s what City just don’t do. Over a season if they lose more than about 6 points to the “other 14” it’s usually extraordinary. They just steamroll the smaller guys.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

VillaFan

May 20, 2023
Hey, Villa fan here.
Just wanna say I've really enjoyed watching you guys play this season.
Even tho the popular choice on here seems to be Brentford getting Europe Over Villa (and Spurs), I hope both you and my team can both get Europe, Be great to stop the so called 'Big 6' in their tracks.

I think I'd rather you just beat Southampton tomorrow because that basically guarantees you 6th place(Goal Difference huge!) that would mean there is more chance that your players are on the Brighton Beach for the final game next Sunday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hey, Villa fan here.

Hi, welcome, thanks.

Even tho the popular choice on here seems to be Brentford getting Europe Over Villa (and Spurs), I hope both you and my team can both get Europe, Be great to stop the so called 'Big 6' in their tracks.

I think I'd rather you just beat Southampton tomorrow because that basically guarantees you 6th place(Goal Difference huge!) that would mean there is more chance that your players are on the Brighton Beach for the final game next Sunday.
I'm not sure many Brighton fans can have much against Villa, except that this season you've been getting away with some outrageous 'game management', which isn't nice from a neutral's point of view. Today being another fine example. And you got away with some decisions today - Liverpool's first goal should have stood.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Hey, Villa fan here.

Hey,
Just wanna say I've really not enjoyed watching you guys play this season... outrageous time wasting in so many of your games. Horrible to watch as a neutral and obviously especially so as an opposition fan.

That aside Emery has done an incredible job to get you where you are now and I'd definitely prefer you to reach Europe over Spurs who should be nowhere near the top 7 they've been so shit in so many games, and as a club are in such a mess. And as you say, good to stop the so-called Big 6 in their tracks (Big 7 now really with Newcastle 🙄), and villa are a big old club - be good to see back in Europe.

As for us - it's been incredible to watch the football we've been treated to this season but injuries and fixture congestion have caught up with us post Cup Semi and we've not been able to perform to the same level in all games - newcastle the other day came too soon again after the arsenal win and we had such a young team out. Pretty obvious RDZ also had one eye on today... just hope we don't fvck it up - woken up bloody nervous/excited!
If (if!) we're home and dry by our game next weekend we'll be so bloody knackered anyway having played a ridiculous amount of games last few weeks (and City next weds after today!), and we have so many injuries, that I think it'll be a given that you'll beat us considering you'd have it all to play for. Although I can see Spurs losing to Leeds at a raucous Elland Road to stay up anyway to be honest!

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hey, Villa fan here.

If it’s a choice between Villa and Spurs for a last European place then it’s really no choice at all. Would be very happy to see you pip that horror show of a club, particularly given the job Emery has done since taking over.

There’s an important caveat here. We’ve not qualified for anything yet. We all know the stories football can throw up so I’m taking nothing for granted.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If it’s a choice between Villa and Spurs for a last European place then it’s really no choice at all. Would be very happy to see you pip that horror show of a club, particularly given the job Emery has done since taking over.

There’s an important caveat here. We’ve not qualified for anything yet. We all know the stories football can throw up so I’m taking nothing for granted.
Exactly! Fat lady singing and all that. Like when we should have WON the Championship rather than being overhauled by Newcastle on the last day……

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
A lot on here hoping Brentford make Europe

Whatever happens, would love to see Tottenham in 9th. 🤣🤣

However, somehow, I wouldn’t have thought that our Lord TB will want to see Brentford anywhere near 7th.
So Villa 7th for me, Jeff

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hey, Villa fan here.

Most of us just can’t stomach the thought of coming to Villa Park next week still needing a result……….do hope you get Europe ahead of Spurs though.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Leeds in a whole world of trouble now.

2-1 down at West Ham with 15 minutes to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here