Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 20-22/5/23

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was a better result for us (me).
I'm so pleased the 3354 City personnel can do all their trophy lifting tomorrow, at home, and not bother to show up on Wednesday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So just imagine. If we manage to win tomorrow or against City (or get a draw in fact) - we can go down every 3 minutes V Villa if the scores are level in the second half. Spurs or Brentford beating a City team resting players for the final = massive shithousery to see Villa miss out on Europe. (y) Please
Frankly, after 1978 and this season's PGMOL shitshow I'd rather help Villa to 7th. place over Spurs (providing we are already safe in 6th, having beaten Southampton).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
How sad that the petro-state team weren,t able to celebrate the confirmation of their ( yet again ) title-winning money bags team., in front of their own supporters. A wonderfully damp squib to end the Premier League season for them.

I don't mean to be ungracious, but who gives a shit ..?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know Arsenal and their fans and cheerleaders are very keen to point out they haven’t bottled the title, but they really have haven’t they? Been shocking the last 6 weeks or so. West Ham did a job on them and they never recovered.
I think you have to say they did. They were doing so well, and were fine while they could play the 'look, it's early days, let's not get carried away' card. But once we got into the final third of the season, and the possibility of winning the title because more realistic, less of a quirk of early fixtures, that's when they started to drop points. If they missed out solely on dropping points to thriving teams (top 4-6 teams, for example) maybe it could be argued that they were just up against good teams. But they dropped four points against Southampton, three to Everton, now three to Forest, two v West Ham. That was the difference. Beat the teams they should when the pressure is on and they are champions, even with the dropped points v city, us, newcastle, man u, and liverpool. They wouldn't even have to worry about the VAR error v Brentford.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would love it if we beat Villa final day, Spurs lost to Leeds and somehow Brentford beat City and sneak into 7th spot. 😎
Agreed but let’s get there ourselves first - commmmmeeeee onnnnnn Suussesseeeeexxxx

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
7 points out of a possible 21, I'd sat that's bottling it. Especially the way they did, chucking away 2 goal leads and losing 3 nil at home

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Hyperthetical question, if we give them a guard of honour onto the pitch next Wednesday, can we be sent off if we give them a few (not too serious) kicks to try and gain an advantage?

I assume they’ll receive the trophy at their last home game so we won’t need to wait for the full team/squad/medical team/pension advisers/ non cheating lawyers and sous chefs to walk across the pitch at the end of the game?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Perfect set of results, including the back up plan of City being on the beach. Leeds or Everton down. Either will be hilarious. Forest away again next season.

But now it’s up to us to do the business

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How sad that the petro-state team weren,t able to celebrate the confirmation of their ( yet again ) title-winning money bags team., in front of their own supporters. A wonderfully damp squib to end the Premier League season for them.

I don't mean to be ungracious, but who gives a shit ..?
Yep, almost meaningless. Their wins depend entirely on them having the largest wallet. Some achievement.

Reactions: cjd

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yep, almost meaningless. Their wins depend entirely on them having the largest wallet. Some achievement.
Well, it hasn't worked very well for PSG. Grudgingly must admit there's a sprinkling of Guardiola magic involved too. But totally agree it's not that much of an achievement with infinite resources and all those charges still to be resolved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here