[Albion] Premier League 19-20/2/22

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Ref bottles 2nd yellow for Mctominay then books Leeds player :glare:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unreal the way they comb through everything whenever man United players appeal, never a foul in a million years.

I absolutely despise that rat Fernandes.

Same.

I have been a football racist for 18 years now, despising the Portuguese football race. Jose Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe, Fernandes and back in the days players like Costinha, Maniche, Couto, Nani... all of them are either violent psychos or divers or in some cases both. Cheaters and bloodsuckers the whole lot.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not the PL but wow it really is something to watch Roony Bardghji play for FC Copenhagen... probably the best recently-turned-16 year old player I've ever seen.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not the PL but wow it really is something to watch Roony Bardghji play for FC Copenhagen... probably the best recently-turned-16 year old player I've ever seen.

Better than Rooney Wayne? He was phenomenal at 16 and doing it in the Premier League.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Best line from the commentator on Brendan almost celebrating a goal that was off target. 'Stopped short of a full Pardew' :lol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Better than Rooney Wayne? He was phenomenal at 16 and doing it in the Premier League.

Wayne Rooney is definitely one of the main reasons I used the word "probably" instead of "definitely". They are not very similar players though, difficult to compare. It is also some 20 years ago for Rooney and a lot has happened since.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Anyone watching Wolves v Leicester?

How was that 2nd Wolves goal not offside? Player in offside position runs across goalies line of vision just before the shot?

And as for VAR, why is wrestling players to the ground at a corner not a foul. Don’t like Man U but should have had at least 2 penalties.
Plus McTominay very lucky not to get 2 yellows.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wolves have 12 wins compared to our 7!

How’ve they achieved that? Consistency in defence is probably the main factor, the Sky commentator I think said that their back 3 are never injured or suspended.

Yup... not much talk about them but they've been very strong and built a really strong team over the last few years, surprised they've managed to hang on to Ruben Neves.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A bad weekend for us - Wolves and Spuds pulling away from us, and we're slipping back towards Southampton and the chasing pack. Like Steven Gerrard as a manager, and think he will do well with Villa - just hope the upward trajectory doesn't start next weekend.

But .............. six without a win for Villa (two draws and four losses) - that's just the sort of form we enjoy coming up against ..................... :(

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
A bad weekend for us - Wolves and Spuds pulling away from us, and we're slipping back towards Southampton and the chasing pack. Like Steven Gerrard as a manager, and think he will do well with Villa - just hope the upward trajectory doesn't start next weekend.

But .............. six without a win for Villa (two draws and four losses) - that's just the sort of form we enjoy coming up against ..................... :(

I agree about Spurs and Wolves but we didn’t slip back towards the pack. Apart from Southampton the six teams below us all lost. It’s pretty much as you were.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree about Spurs and Wolves but we didn’t slip back towards the pack. Apart from Southampton the six teams below us all lost. It’s pretty much as you were.

So Spurs and Wolves pull away and Southampton close the gap - and that is pretty much 'as you were'? Hmmm ................

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So Spurs and Wolves pull away and Southampton close the gap - and that is pretty much 'as you were'? Hmmm ................

Yup, still 9th.

As we were.

;-)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He could have been subbed off for anyone to get better stats. As close to playing against 10 men for a full game as it could possibly get.

[tweet]1495373086249693188[/tweet]

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

You said, and I quote “and the chasing pack”. All six of the teams below Southampton lost at the weekend. So no, we did not slip back towards the chasing pack. That was what I said in my original response and it’s a fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here