Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19/09 - 21/09

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well you have and do spend a fortune on your players.

I'd rather my club be looking for a sustainable financial future rather than just looking from season to season.

Have you seen your club debt ?
Sustainable my arse !!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Possession Possession Possession, is this really that important ? We had 14 shots at goal yesterday, that’s the important stat, and of course goals scored.
I’m sure you’re very happy with Potterball, plenty of pretty passing, but no real cutting edge.
I’d rather win a game with exciting quick attacking play, then trying to pass the ball in the net .

Is it really that important? No, if you're ambition is to stay in the premier league, lower midtable, then do whatever works to achieve that, this works for Palace and several others. I was happy with us doing it under Hughton.

For any team who wants to do better than that on a consistent basis, finishing higher up the league, then you have to have more possession, no two ways about it. However there are probably more pitfalls as well, as the latter stages of Pardews tenure and the de Boer experiment at Palace proved.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have you seen your club debt ?
Sustainable my arse !!

Ok detail the debt for me please.

A completely different company owns the stadium and training facilities. The football club rents, I repeat rents the facilities from that company. The community stadium company are the owners, who in turn are owned by a very rich property developer who financed it with his own money.

So what debt has the football club?

larus

Are these two Palace trolls going to be tolerated by the mods again this season?

One thing I like about NSC is that we allow opposition fans on here. We like to dish it out to them when they’re on here, so we shouldn’t be too precious if they bite back a bit. As long as they don’t get too abusive, it’s OK IMO.

I’d rather be like that than like so many other forums that kick opposition fans off like WACCOE and the Palace board.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
One thing I like about NSC is that we allow opposition fans on here. We like to dish it out to them when they’re on here, so we shouldn’t be too precious if they bite back a bit. As long as they don’t get too abusive, it’s OK IMO.

I’d rather be like that than like so many other forums that kick opposition fans off like WACCOE and the Palace board.

That's fine for the likes of Mr Putdown who is here come rain or shine. These two are only seen when Palace win and just troll IMO.
I think they went missing for about three months one time. They add nothing to this board and there have been bans for less trolling than they do.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Ok detail the debt for me please.

A completely different company owns the stadium and training facilities. The football club rents, I repeat rents the facilities from that company. The community stadium company are the owners, who in turn are owned by a very rich property developer who financed it with his own money.

So what debt has the football club?

Don't go there!

They have spent over £110M on a new stand yet their accounts are super awesome.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

these two purely snidey wum trolls, entirely unwelcome

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Can we put a bid in for Son?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Southampton playing such a high line against the pace of Son & Lucas is suicide.

You'd have thought their manager would have learnt after he did the same thing against Palace and Zaha took the piss out of them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not sure Spurs will get an easier three points all season. Southampton are stubbornly insisting on playing a high defensive line which Spurs are gleefully lobbing balls over and through for Son to score, score, score, score with. Why are Southampton persisting with this clearly disastrous tactic. I get everyone has a philosophy/DNA/style nowadays but Jesus, they're just giving the game to Spurs. There's a lot to be said for pragmatism sometimes.

Oh, Kane has scored now.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We should be aiming for the opposition's arms in the penalty box later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here