PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That was dross. Not only the lack of goals, but the general lack of quality from both sides. Jackson’s attempted finish was hilarious. Bournemouth have a shot on the edge of the area which sails out for a throw in. Sanchez had a good game, that’s about it.

Colwill looked lost. Mudryk looked absolutely gash, yellow card and running down blind alleys sums up his entire performance.

Dreadful stuff
Indeed - the passing was atrocious. I don't know whether I've just become so used to watching BHA and how well we keep the ball....or whether Chelsea and Bournemouth are just really crap. Apart from Sterling no one seemed capable of doing anything on the ball. Sanchez definitely earned a point for Chelsea - they were woeful. Typically, both sides might just fluke a goal against us - surely neither can be that bad again....?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This chart from Opta ranking the difficulty of every teams opening 5 games doesn't bode well for Chelsea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230917-161721.png
    Screenshot_20230917-161721.png
    146 KB · Views: 154

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Our old mate Ben just passed the ball to his new team mate Declan resulting in the commentary: White... Rice.

That's going to tickle me all season. Not been this amused since Xherdan Shaqiri went on mazey runs for liverpool result in "Shaqiri... Shaqiri" and my mind going "oh baby when you move like that..."

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Interesting stats about difficulty of the first 5 games. I'd pegged ours as one of the easier starts.

This one for the first 10 indicates that Spurs fans shouldn't be getting too excited just yet. They may be in a false position.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230913-154540.png
    Screenshot_20230913-154540.png
    297.3 KB · Views: 75

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pickford enraged at being tapped on the ankle. This is a twat who has wiped out two players in acts of assault.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In terms of relegation, and I’m not one for crazy predictions, but I think Luton might be in a spot of trouble.
Sheff United are utter gash as well.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gary Neville has no idea what he’s talking about does he? That’s clearly offside, trying to make a controversy when there isn’t one.
Par for the course. My biggest irritation with Sky coverage is them trying to create controversy when there clearly isn’t any. They do it all the time.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Our old mate Ben just passed the ball to his new team mate Declan resulting in the commentary: White... Rice.

That's going to tickle me all season. Not been this amused since Xherdan Shaqiri went on mazey runs for liverpool result in "Shaqiri... Shaqiri" and my mind going "oh baby when you move like that..."
what with white rice and the commentator keep calling out ‘Branflake’ this match should really be a feast

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Par for the course. My biggest irritation with Sky coverage is them trying to create controversy when there clearly isn’t any. They do it all the time.
And on 606 yesterday they were trying to make the case for ex-players being used for VAR. God forbid.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
If Luton and Sheffield United weren't so poor I'd say Chelsea could be a genuine relegation candidate. It doesn't matter how much the players cost, if they can't score they'll be near the bottom.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
My biggest irritation is when the cameras focus on the crowd and managers when the football is going on. We keep getting close ups of various people that I have no idea who they are and I can hear the game going on at the same time. With all those cameras they should be able to sort out off-side if they wanted to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Indeed so long as the right players are clicked on the computer will draw the line across the pitch correctly. The program is calibrated not just to use the one camera so therefore can plot the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports