Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-18/9/23

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let seven Albion games in 23 days commence...

SATURDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER​

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool (12:30) - TNT Sports
Aston Villa v Crystal Palace
Fulham v Luton Town
Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion
Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United
West Ham United v Manchester City
Newcastle United v Brentford (17:30) - Sky Sports

SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER​

AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea (14:00) - Sky Sports
Everton v Arsenal (16:30) - Sky Sports

MONDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER​

Nottingham Forest v Burnley (19:45) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 07.53.38.png

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And sort the thread title out @Bozza where are the dates?!
Sorry - I did that last time too!

I start the thread title, and then I flick over to see which days have fixtures and then should finish the thread title appropriately. I forgot the second bit.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
By my reckoning, for us to drop to 10th Manchester United would need to beat us by at least five goals, or by four goals but a scoreline of 8-4 or higher. So I'm optimistic that we'll end Monday in 9th or higher.

Respect (and hopes for a substantial lottery win or other windfall) to everyone who's planning to do all seven games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Villa and Palace are playing each other so we cannot drop to 10th, or have I been whooshed?
Not whooshed - you've just got your maths wrong.

Its its BECAUSE Villa play Palace (so they couldn't both overhaul us) that the lowest we can drop IS 10th (rather than 11th).

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Mac Allister booked within 4 minutes after hauling down his man, following a poor pass in a dangerous area

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Even Mac looks a shadow of the player with us. Players need to learn to stay a lot longer. It’s nuts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By my reckoning, for us to drop to 10th Manchester United would need to beat us by at least five goals, or by four goals but a scoreline of 8-4 or higher.

By my reckoning, you're wrong. They'd need to beat us by 5. How can 8-4 or 9-5 change that?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very sorry to say this, but apart from
One lovely slide rule pass, Mac Allister is having a nightmare this half

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Even Mac looks a shadow of the player with us. Players need to learn to stay a lot longer. It’s nuts.
More like teams need to look at why players are good for us rather than just buying them as they are good. He is not and never was a holding midfield player. He thrived as part of a double pivot with a world class holding midfielder. He likes to play as a 10. But the deepest midfielder role is not him.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The thing is I still really I like Alexis, and bear him absolutely no ill will. Thought he was tremendous for us, especially in that final season. I’ll forever be grateful to our World Cup winner for his attitude, grace and skill while with us.

But he looks like a competition winner out there today, he’s lost the ball more than anyone else on the pitch, has the second lowest pass completion, and has skinned about six times. Worst player on the pitch and would be astonished if he’s back out for the second half, Liverpool have been dire.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The thing is I still really I like Alexis, and bear him absolutely no ill will. Thought he was tremendous for us, especially in that final season. I’ll forever be grateful to our World Cup winner for his attitude, grace and skill while with us.

But he looks like a competition winner out there today, he’s lost the ball more than anyone else on the pitch, has the second lowest pass completion, and has skinned about six times. Worst player on the pitch and would be astonished if he’s back out for the second half, Liverpool have been dire.
They were saying on R5L that he only arrived back from Argentina on Thursday, after a 12 hour flight. His body is probably still on Argentinian time (ie, ko was 8.30am!).
Possibly a bit of a gamble starting him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here