Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-18/9/23

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's the problem. I think it is. Others might disagree. Sometimes it's still so grey.
My feeling was that the goal should have stood, but it's not a crazy decision either way, so I don't think VAR is causing a great issue in this case.

VAR was needed to rule out Man U's equaliser on Saturday though.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As Brighton prove, you don't need to spunk money of players if the scouting is correct.

I don't think Burnley will be gung-ho for too much longer in style of play

Certainly better than Ross Barkley on a free

I agree there are bargains but it’s taken us years and years with arguably Europe’s best scouting network/Bloom’s unrivalled data to reach this point. It’s not a viable model for everyone, especially clubs like Luton.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Another two poor sides. Watchable game but, as per the last two games yesterday, it’s surreal to be saying and knowing what we are doing is light years ahead.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not a surprise to Hudson Odoi score a great goal. What a bargain. Chelsea are lols.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Another two poor sides. Watchable game but, as per the last two games yesterday, it’s surreal to be saying and knowing what we are doing is light years ahead.
Yet we only managed 1 point from Forest last year

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I thought it was a huge surprise, personally. He’s absolute toilet.
He's not.
He's in the top 15% of all attackers and wingers in Europe for pass completion, progressive passes, successful take ons and created chances. He's 22.
He has lost his way like everyone else connected with Chelsea over the last few seasons. Had he joined us last summer he'd be in the England squad regularly.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
I think Burnley will be OK. I like the fact they've gone for a young manager and quite a few young, unproven, hungry players. I think they'll improve as the season goes on. I'd rather see their approach than the clubs that assemble a bunch of mediocre names on big money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Burnley will be OK. I like the fact they've gone for a young manager and quite a few young, unproven, hungry players. I think they'll improve as the season goes on. I'd rather see their approach than the clubs that assemble a bunch of mediocre names on big money.
Getting up, sticking to your principles is one thing. Then he’s lost a couple of games, and reverts to playing Sean Dyche’s team, and plays for set pieces and long throws!

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Getting up, sticking to your principles is one thing. Then he’s lost a couple of games, and reverts to playing Sean Dyche’s team, and plays for set pieces and long throws!
Maybe, but he has a 19 year old in goal, a 19 year old winger signed from Espanyol B for £2.5m who was the most dangerous player on the pitch tonight, a 22 year old from Switzerland who scored, another 22 year old upfront who has 2 in 4. These are the types of signings that have made us what we are so I respect any club going down a similar path. It's especially brave of Kompany and Burnley to do it as a newly promoted team.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
We beat Manchester United twice in the league last season, but finished below them. Football is football. I meant generally our control and management of a game and the technical ability of our play is light years ahead presently.
Spurs, Villa and Fulham all beat us twice last season but finished below us. Should have had at least another 9 points. As you say football is football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here