Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 15-17/12/23

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Didn’t a poster keep saying he was a complete was of money and wouldn’t make it in the PL?
5 goals so far pretty good. But early days. Tbh he would improve us at the moment in the middle. Still don't think he's all that though. Not convinced he's worth the money.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just watched the Brentford v Villa highlights. How the f*** did Villa's arsehole keeper stay on the park?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
MOTD analysis:

Wright: "When you look at how Brighton were playing...there's no way out, but they try to play it, playing into Arsenal's hands. Lewis Dunk makes a great block, but this is all Brighton's doing."

On playing out from the back.

Shearer: "That's how they play it. They're not going to change it."

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Martinez is an absolute ****
It’s pricks like him (and Arteta) who need to take a lot of blame for the increase in toxic atmospheres and over the top abuse of refs. The thing is the refs should be helping themselves and so many are not. The ref should have sent off Martinez, bottled it. Oliver, rightly, sends Dalot off but his colleagues aren’t helping.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I must say that Maupay is outdoing anything that Craig Revell Horwood could ever offer up as a panto villain. Only camper. You know it’s great fun when commentators start getting all po-faced about it. Love it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Emi Martinez knew exactly what he was doing - ignore Emery’s comments about his side needing to keep control - that entire flare up was completely by design. He did the exact same thing at the very end of Villa’s last game at the Amex. Villa a single goal ahead, with a minute or two of added time remaining - he started a ‘fight’ with Dunk (this time Maupay) out of nothing. Everyone rushes in for a bit of handbags, the clock ticks by, and the ref can’t wait to end the game and get off the pitch.

it’s complete calculated, and horribly cynical. Only this time he took it a little too far, and the flare up has resulted in one of their most important players being banned for three games. Unlucky ****

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why on earth have they stopped handing out retrospective red cards? Martinez yanking Maupay up by his shirt, that hair pull on Cucu a couple of years ago, lots of other occasions where clearly a red card should have been issued.
If they could do that to Tomer Hemed, how come it just can't be done (it seems) now?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Always entertaining and absolute class shitehousing today

maxresdefault.jpg

Watch MOTD tonight :lolol:
The shoulder barge was a bit naughty.

The lying on the pitch looking like a choirboy is textbook for him. He did the same last season at home to The Arse.

Gotta love him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The shoulder barge was a bit naughty.

The lying on the pitch looking like a choirboy is textbook for him. He did the same last season at home to The Arse.

Gotta love him.

He is an absolute class shitehouser and makes my last favourite, Aye Aye Ashley Barnes, look like a complete amateur :lolol:

I've always bought tickets for the Theatre Royal's pantomime but am now thinking wherever Neal is playing will be far better Value for money. Widow Twanky eat your heart out :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why on earth have they stopped handing out retrospective red cards? Martinez yanking Maupay up by his shirt, that hair pull on Cucu a couple of years ago, lots of other occasions where clearly a red card should have been issued.
If they could do that to Tomer Hemed, how come it just can't be done (it seems) now?

They only normally hand out retrospective red cards if the ref hasn't seen or taken action at the time of the incident. Now with VAR it's hard to say that an event hasn't been seen and or reviewed at the time it happened therefore we are unlikely to see many retrospective red cards.

With the Hemed incident against Newcastle he wasn't booked so they can retrospectively review that, plus it was pre VAR so there was no second set of eyes. With the Cucurella hair pull the ref missed it but VAR reviewed it and (it later emerged) decided not to send the ref to the screen because Mike Dean didn't want to cause any grief for his mate, therefore it's been dealt with by an official on the day so won't be pulled up for a retrospective review.

Unless there is a very serious incident of violent conduct or serious foul play that gets completely missed I think retrospective bans will become a thing of the past all the time the laws on what can and can't be looked at again after a game remain unchanged.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They only normally hand out retrospective red cards if the ref hasn't seen or taken action at the time of the incident. Now with VAR it's hard to say that an event hasn't been seen and or reviewed at the time it happened therefore we are unlikely to see many retrospective red cards.

With the Hemed incident against Newcastle he wasn't booked so they can retrospectively review that, plus it was pre VAR so there was no second set of eyes. With the Cucurella hair pull the ref missed it but VAR reviewed it and (it later emerged) decided not to send the ref to the screen because Mike Dean didn't want to cause any grief for his mate, therefore it's been dealt with by an official on the day so won't be pulled up for a retrospective review.

Unless there is a very serious incident of violent conduct or serious foul play that gets completely missed I think retrospective bans will become a thing of the past all the time the laws on what can and can't be looked at again after a game remain unchanged.
Yes, that's probably the right answer - but it's also the wrong one, if you know what I mean.

Now we've got all the technology to look at things over again in retrospect (as we had before VAR, TBH) there is no GOOD reason why decisions shouldn't be looked at and over-ruled. After all, often enough the referee and the VAR have both been shown to be wrong and PGMOL have had to issue an apology. Can't change the match result or allow/disallow goals I agree - but a howler of a red card decision (or lack of one) - why not?
If that doesn't fit within the parameters that PGMOL set - change the parameters\!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Every time I see that chinless goon Martinez, I just want somebody to properly fill his FACE in, preferably with a size 9 boot. Give him something to properly roll around for. Even if Dunk did it, the suspension would be well, well worth it.

That would absolutely make my year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Every time I see that chinless goon Martinez, I just want somebody to properly fill his FACE in, preferably with a size 9 boot. Give him something to properly roll around for. Even if Dunk did it, the suspension would be well, well worth it.

That would absolutely make my year.
Genuinely, I was watching that melee at the end of that game, hoping someone would tip over the edge and full-on belt him. Utterly horrid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here