[Albion] Premier League 13-15/5/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Brentford playing really well. 1-0 up.

If Toney was in action today, they'd be two or three ahead.

Sounds like Dyche had parked the bus? ??? They'll have to play more expansive now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Has to be said, those few minutes show City can be frightening, nothing then suddenly BANG two goals ahead out of nowhere

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
52 goals in all competitions…. That’s just astonishing, never thought I’d see that in England

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ferguson next year.....
For who? :lol:

Always amazes me what an effective player Mahrez is, probably the most one footed player I’ve ever seen, more one footed than Championship Solly March, i guess it doesn’t matter when your left peg is that silky

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not watching the football.

A question for those watching the Goodison game? (Other than having far superior players to us :lolol:), what has Guardiola done in set up of formation, tactics and defenders positional discipline to shut out Everton?

Without watching it, I always have a sense that the CB's stay put, he always leaves a 'sitter' or two in front of them and both fullbacks are not allowed to be upfield at the same time. He hates his teams conceding goals, ever. Unlike Klopp and RDZ for example, who both take risks.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Brentford with an xG of 1.80 in the first half. :ohmy:

13 attempts to 2 (7 shots on goal to 2). Blistering.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

A question for those watching the Goodison game? (Other than having far superior players to us :lolol:), what has Guardiola done in set up of formation, tactics and defenders positional discipline to shut out Everton?

Without watching it, I always have a sense that the CB's stay put, he always leaves a 'sitter' or two in front of them and both fullbacks are not allowed to be upfield at the same time. He hates his teams conceding goals, ever. Unlike Klopp and RDZ for example, who both take risks.
Man City are used to going into games as heavy favourites and the mentality of dealing with it, we weren’t and aren’t and paid the price for arrogance.

Our setup is extremely similar to City in that our full backs step into midfield etc just as you say, they have better players.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Everton bringing on Maupay in hope he'll save them, no chance.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

They've got quicker defenders than us, and have a (relatively) new defensive shape when they have the ball (see Jonathan Wilson on this). This means that Everton would always find it more difficult to get through City on the counter, whereas it was knife-through-butter stuff with us.
I only (mostly) watched the first half, but Everton played well, looked solid, and were (relatively) dangerous on the counter (although see the point above). And then one moment of utterly sublime quality from Gundogan, and it's their game plan shattered. A few minutes later, Gundogan is great again and puts in a cross with his wrong foot gobbled up by Haaland.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They've got quicker defenders than us, and have a (relatively) new defensive shape when they have the ball (see Jonathan Wilson on this). This means that Everton would always find it more difficult to get through City on the counter, whereas it was knife-through-butter stuff with us.
I only (mostly) watched the first half, but Everton played well, looked solid, and were (relatively) dangerous on the counter (although see the point above). And then one moment of utterly sublime quality from Gundogan, and it's their game plan shattered. A few minutes later, Gundogan is great again and puts in a cross with his wrong foot gobbled up by Haaland.
2 goals and an assist.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
For who? :lol:

Always amazes me what an effective player Mahrez is, probably the most one footed player I’ve ever seen, more one footed than Championship Solly March, i guess it doesn’t matter when your left peg is that silky

More wand than peg.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What is Pickford playing at today then? (Not watching)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports