[Albion] Premier League 12-14/1/24

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
They are also blantent diving, feigning injury and time wasting cheats unlike us.
sure, but it works for them. my overall point is that they always look very confident. as good as we have been at times this season, we haven’t really
looked overflowing with confidence like last season. think large parts of that is due to having to limp on due to injured, and therefore not stringing together a long succession of good results like villa have

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
You left out 'totally rubbish to watch'.
of course, and they rely on individual players for quality rather than a good system, like us. i still don’t think there’s any harm in looking at what they do well. i think if we were stronger in midfield duels and were bailed out by our keeper a bit more we’d be in an infinitely better place.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
of course, and they rely on individual players for quality rather than a good system, like us. i still don’t think there’s any harm in looking at what they do well. i think if we were stronger in midfield duels and were bailed out by our keeper a bit more we’d be in an infinitely better place.
This is true and I agree. Just find Villa totally disheartening, a bit like a good version of Fulham.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Are you not familiar with the laws of the game?
In which case, good sir, I shall have no choice but to challenge you to a duel.

IMG_8706.jpeg

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
This is true and I agree. Just find Villa totally disheartening, a bit like a good version of Fulham.
that’s a good comparison and i’d hate to see us ever turn out like that. i think there is a middle ground, however. whenever we face these teams we seem to play right into their hands. very hard for us to build rhythm when they’re committing niggly little fouls or going down holding their heads every two minutes. we need to be able to generate a bit more ‘chaos’ against these teams. not necessarily fighting fire with fire, but at least going toe-to-toe with them for physicality, which we currently do not have the personnel to do. that should be something the club look to fix eventually

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Got it now, only with help of the lines though 😴
The thing is, Danjuma was sat on the 6 yard line, so you could see it with the naked-eye (obviously Alan Smith couldn't, but he's an idiot).

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
thought that should’ve been a penalty to villa. they’ve shown they are more than happy to penalise follow-through challenges (romero vs chelsea) even if the ball is won.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My word this is awful. The sort of game that makes you wish Wordle would release 45 puzzles a day instead of one.
You can just set it to random (or something like that) if you want.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tarkowski is a thug but that was a perfectly clean tackle, what is this game…. Pathetic.

Always forget this referees name but he’s awful, gets bullied around constantly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports