Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 12-14/1/24

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’m still not sure what result we want here.

So I guess that means a draw, ideally…? 🤷‍♂️

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Neville: "Dominant in the air, Manchester United, back there"

1-1, Richarlison header

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’m still not sure what result we want here.

So I guess that means a draw, ideally…? 🤷‍♂️
I think Spurs will finish higher than Utd, therefore it has to be a Spurs win, right?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Spurs will finish higher than Utd, therefore it has to be a Spurs win, right?

It's not as simple as that. You also have to work out where we'll finish - if we can just pip Utd, then yes, we want a Spurs win, but if Spurs should finish above Utd and we can pip them both, then maybe we want a Utd win. Without a crystal ball, we can't tell, but my guess is we want a Spurs win, as we're unlikely to finish above them, and have a better chance of beating Utd to one of the last European places.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's not as simple as that. You also have to work out where we'll finish - if we can just pip Utd, then yes, we want a Spurs win, but if Spurs should finish above Utd and we can pip them both, then maybe we want a Utd win. Without a crystal ball, we can't tell, but my guess is we want a Spurs win, as we're unlikely to finish above them, and have a better chance of beating Utd to one of the last European places.
At this stage of the season we always want draws for any teams playing each other that are around us surely?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Tuned in 10 minutes ago. No way Spurs are winning this despite being a much better team. They are arrogant. Passing the ball slowly like they are City. Johnson poor. Werner passes back. Hoberg slow. Van de Ven thinking he is Maldini. Absolute mugs. Might end 2-2 but that's the best they will get. Shame as we could do with United losing. That said, every win keeps Ming the Merciless in charge for longer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Staggering that Rashford keeps getting picked for United, he has been dreadful this season. He just runs into defenders and smacks shots into the side netting.
Any chance you can write:-

'I dunno why Stat plays Euromillions - he never wins anything'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At this stage of the season we always want draws for any teams playing each other that are around us surely?

Obviously a draw means 2 points to our rivals instead of 3, but come the end of the season you could look back and wish one of them had zero. The problem being that we don't know who our rivals for the last Euro spots are yet. We don't expect City to be our rivals, so we want them to beat teams like Utd. With Spurs, it's less clear.

I think we can relax in the knowledge that what we want won't affect the outcome, so just enjoy the game (I'll be cheering against Utd though).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here