Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-16/05/21

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Bad result for us as now West Ham and Arsenal will feel they have something to play for still. I was hoping to get them when they were deflated and seasons all but over.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I get that, let's say Arsenal didn't score and the save denied the goal scoring opportunity, it's hand ball on the line, surely it's all about intent.

It’s not, no. You can’t get a red for denying a goal scoring opportunity, if a goal is scored!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wasn't aware the ref could play an advantage from a keeper handling a backpass tbh, I assumed they'd just have to blow. Result was fair though.

In most instances of a keeper ‘handling’ a backpass, the keeper would be holding the ball - there wouldn’t ever BE any possible advantage.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mings spared a red card. If that was an Albion player there is no way he’d get away with it.

Red all day long for me.

There appear to be different rules for Mings. Wasn't made to leave the pitch after receiving lengthy treatment either. Everton players rightly pissed off and complaining to ref as Mings headed clear.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anywhere else that’s a foul, you can’t go in for tackles like that anymore whether you get the ball or not.

VAR are a total and utter joke, another one in man United’s favour as well. Judgement call - STICK WITH THE REFEREE

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It’s an out of control tackle with unnecessary force.

If the referee gives that as a penalty, why overturn it? ‘Clear and obvious’ errors.... yeh right.

Definite pen. When I first saw VAR getting involved I presumed it was to check for a red card as well.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Honestly in today game that is a dreadful tackle. Followed through out of control and excessive force. Lucky not to be a red

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This is what drives everyone mad. VAR has taken quite a light touch recently and has been all the better for it but suddenly they get involved in a debatable decision where the onfield ref's decision should stand. In which case of course we should have had a pen for the wrestle on Sun. They really are utter MORONS.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Scott Carson in goal for Man City tonight.

Just 10 years since his last PL appearance…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here