Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-12/3/23

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace now just 3 points off the bottom 3 and 5 from last place.
They’re so lucky they got some spawny points - Villa I think they got a shocking pen on VAR - West Ham a last min deflected lucky goal etc etc - they have a much easier run of fixtures soon and you just know they’ll manufacture a couple of anti football wins…

rool

Jul 10, 2003
They’re so lucky they got some spawny points - Villa I think they got a shocking pen on VAR - West Ham a last min deflected lucky goal etc etc - they have a much easier run of fixtures soon and you just know they’ll manufacture a couple of anti football wins…
No mid table dead rubbers in any of their remaining games.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fans of the bottom 8 teams will all want us to give Palace a pasting on Wednesday. Let’s hope we can oblige.
Fans of the 12th placed team might be somewhat reluctant.

Palace might end March in the bottom 3 but they have a pretty nice looking April coming up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it"s a good thing that reflects well on us as a club.

What makes me sad is when I think how good we'd be if we still had them both as well as Bissouma. We know what Trossard can do in our current team, White would be fantastic in a De Zerbi team and Bissouma would probably be a beast, or worst case scenario, top quality cover in central midfield.

If we still had all three I genuinely think top four would be a very realistic prospect rather than a slightly forlorn hope.
True, but that is where we are at now. Southampton have had that feeling for years, whilst Benfica would have bagged a Champions League or two had they just held onto half of the £1 billion of talent they've sold over the last 10-15 years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pope & Newcastle pretty lucky there…!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very lucky. Thought that was a blatant pen & red card tbh. I’d be fuming if that was against us.
Certainly one that can go either way. Nowhere near ball and contact 70/30 pen and red for me - no double jeopardy there either as he doesn’t make attempt at ball so would have been red.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's a massive decision that could have a huge bearing on a lot of teams this season. Chances are if Pope goes and they score the pen Newcastle lose, Wolves are closer to safety and we are closer to Europe and Newcastle are hampered for the next 4 games. I totally understand the on field ref not being sure but VAR HAS to refer it. Utter buffoons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here