Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre season signings 2016-17 season ** Official Thread **

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure the club have it all in hand and are poised to add 4-5 new players
I'm sure they have as well. After last summer we can trust them completely. But it would nevertheless be good to have something confirmed soon.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm sure they have as well. After last summer we can trust them completely. But it would nevertheless be good to have something confirmed soon.

I agree. Was hoping, as we don't need the number of players we did last season, that we would be a pretty much complete squad by mid July. There's no need to panic but we really need to get at least one striker in soon so we have a bit of depth for the start of the season. Others can wait if necessary,

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Saw something on fb, suggesting James Wilson may be returning on a permanent deal, probably bollox, I would imagine Hughton would be fairly disappointed with his overall contribution last season.

Having said that, if we know there was a reason for that and we are sure he's over it and can now run for 90 minutes, then I'm sure there's a very good player in there somewhere.

Sure I read somewhere 'borough were sniffing around

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Please tell me you're having a laugh ! Ten goals ??!!

Nope mate, deadly serious. :angel:
I think whatever illness he had, it really took it out of him, and hence he had performances where he really struggled. How many times did he :sick: on the pitch during matches? That must really take it out of you, trying to run about and play the game.
Get these things sorted, and the stamina and fitness should be there, and 10 goals = peace of piss! :wave:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Nope mate, deadly serious. :angel:
I think whatever illness he had, it really took it out of him, and hence he had performances where he really struggled. How many times did he :sick: on the pitch during matches? That must really take it out of you, trying to run about and play the game.
Get these things sorted, and the stamina and fitness should be there, and 10 goals = peace of piss! :wave:

Wilson clearly had a debilitating illness we only saw a little of what can offer I would be happy for him to return

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting discussion on the fullback situation.
Has Rosenior played right back for us? My memory is that he played almost exclusively on the left and more often than not did the same for Hull. Obviously as I have a shit memory I could be wrong. :lolol:
I imagined us being more likely to bring in a young right back to understudy Bruno with an eye to next year.

theboybilly

Has Rosenior played right back for us? My memory is that he played almost exclusively on the left and more often than not did the same for Hull. Obviously as I have a shit memory I could be wrong. :lolol:
I imagined us being more likely to bring in a young right back to understudy Bruno with an eye to next year.

Bruno was ever-present in the League for us last season so I don't think Liam got a game at RB unless Bruno was utilised in midfield at some point...but I can't say I recall that

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

For us, not in the league except for half an hour against Burnley when Bruno went off. Think he played a couple of cup games there. However, across his career, it has been his best and most regular position from what I have heard. Can't believe Bruno will play every league game again this season but you never know.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
For us, not in the league except for half an hour against Burnley when Bruno went off. Think he played a couple of cup games there. However, across his career, it has been his best and most regular position from what I have heard. Can't believe Bruno will play every league game again this season but you never know.

Bruno looked one of the fittest players on the pitch. Looks after himself. He could teach a few others a thing or two

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
3 weeks until Crawley friendly.

- Strikers today are Hemed, Baldock, O'Grady and Elvis.

- Hunemeier will miss start of the season.

It seems a central defender and a striker are the most pressing signings.

Less urgent for season start are another striker, midfielder and left back.

I'll be very surprised if either of these appear for training when they return tomorrow unless clearing out their belongings

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As good a left back as Rosenior is, he is actually a better right back !

It would be foolish to just have 3 fullbacks, even if Rosenior can play both sides.

We need 2 right backs - Bruno, Rosenior and 2 left backs - Bong and ???
Agreed. Look what happened last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They are going on the behind closed doors training camp overseas soon. I hope there is going to be one or two new faces there that we are not aware of.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Knockaert has taken the number 11 shirt, COG is on his way but when that happens we don't know.
COG will only go after we sign another striker.

I know he's poor, but we can't let him go before a replacement comes in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As good a left back as Rosenior is, he is actually a better right back !

We need 2 right backs - Bruno, Rosenior and 2 left backs - Bong and ???

It would be foolish to just have 3 fullbacks, even if Rosenior can play both sides.

What is the liklehood of Ridgewell coming in permenant as he is cover for CB and LB. Lynch fits the same bill but I dont think he is good enough in either position plus I read another club was reported to be interested but cant remember which one.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here