Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre Season Friendly vs West Brom @ Amex - Saturday 5th September, ***2pm***

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Absolute TEXTBOOK bedwetting from a pre-season practice game.

Sobering ? Mate - it was a training session. A fitness exercise. A trot-around - zero conclusions can be drawn. It never ceases to amaze me how much weight some people put on these meanginless games by seeing them as some kind of a direct comparison to what happens when the REAL stuff starts.

Seriously. Don't worry about it.

Absolutely spot on.

Mind you, those pre-season games when Hyppia was in charge. Now that was worrying!!

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Absolute TEXTBOOK bedwetting from a pre-season practice game.

Sobering ? Mate - it was a training session. A fitness exercise. A trot-around - zero conclusions can be drawn. It never ceases to amaze me how much weight some people put on these meanginless games by seeing them as some kind of a direct comparison to what happens when the REAL stuff starts.

Seriously. Don't worry about it.

A week before the season starts & once again BHA fail to land a centre forward. At this point there should be a good inkling as to how we will set up & play this campaign. Is our squad better than last year? Doubt it. Yes the transfer window is still open but as it stands right now if I was a betting man - I would think we will fill one of the bottom 3. Don’t score, can’t score = doom

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well this result doesn't fit the PR machine of the young exciting team in the bright blue kit that have just recorded our highest top flight points tally. Ashworth/Potter/England/Top10 bla bla bla

Reality: a bang average squad which has been added to with an experienced/past it sicknote and an exciting centre back from the Championship

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

And you're basing this sputum on.....a half-paced pre-season trot-around practice game a week before the serious stuff starts.

I suppose if we'd smashed them 4-0 then we'd obviously be top 6 material. Those are clearly the conclusions which must be drawn from training ground exercises.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A week before the season starts & once again BHA fail to land a centre forward. At this point there should be a good inkling as to how we will set up & play this campaign. Is our squad better than last year? Doubt it. Yes the transfer window is still open but as it stands right now if I was a betting man - I would think we will fill one of the bottom 3. Don’t score, can’t score = doom

Yes with Lallana, Velts and Molumby, Ben White introduced our squad is undoubtedly stronger and we will still add 1 or 2 more I’m sure.

You realise we had several key players missing today right?

‘We should set up the same every game’. Old school mentality, guessing you’re a 442 man.

Don’t score? We scored 4 in our 3 pre season games and conceded 1. But don’t let that get in the way of your knee jerk reactions.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Never mind how Brighton are doing. How is palace's pre-season going? Happy with Roy still and is Zaha staying to drag the team down?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I fell asleep watching the Brighton game ! Never done that before hope I never feel the need to ever do it again

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was just a pre season friendly but disappointing given the way we played against Chelsea last week, i.e better against a better team with less pre-season under our belts.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
And you're basing this sputum on.....a half-paced pre-season trot-around practice game a week before the serious stuff starts.

I suppose if we'd smashed them 4-0 then we'd obviously be top 6 material. Those are clearly the conclusions which must be drawn from training ground exercises.
No I'm basing this on the squad. We've added to the defence, yet barely touched on your weaknesses of last season.

But you're not allowed to talk about that because everything has to fit the PR claptrap spouted about the modern regime and how wonderful everything is.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No I'm basing this on the squad. We've added to the defence, yet barely touched on your weaknesses of last season.

But you're not allowed to talk about that because everything has to fit the PR claptrap spouted about the modern regime and how wonderful everything is.

I think we’re trying to sign attackers, we just haven’t got them yet.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I fell asleep watching the Brighton game ! Never done that before hope I never feel the need to ever do it again

Count yourself lucky. These days we've got comfy seats to fall asleep in. I can remember a game back at the Goldstone, when I fell asleep in the West Stand, standing section. Yes, I fell asleep standing up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Let's face it. Friendlies are always dull. A training session given a tiny bit of impetus by the presence of a crowd. So, with no fans in the stadium, it was pretty much just a training session.

I was out all today, haven't had time to read this thread but looking forward to watching this one if the video is still on the Albion site

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I was out all today, haven't had time to read this thread but looking forward to watching this one if the video is still on the Albion site

Its really 90 minutes of nothing. Im usually not bored by a 0-0, even thought the Newcastle game was alright, but this was very, very boring.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its really 90 minutes of nothing. Im usually not bored by a 0-0, even thought the Newcastle game was alright, but this was very, very boring.

In the first half I thought our football was very pretty until we got near the box, where there was literally no presence.

March and White put some great crosses in, but there was no desire to attack the ball.

The second half was very poor and boring as you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here