Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-Palace nerves

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
different mindset this time. Fully accepted that we will lose in a really strange manner. Anything else a bonus

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So these Palace goons have apparently come down to watch Bringhton - Crystal Palace.

Whilst they're visiting the area, they may wish to sample the delights of Wornthing or Gorning-By-Sea.

But they won't be taking any points back to Cronydon.

Silly twants.

brington.jpeg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I share the sentiment. We have been better than them in most of the last 7 games (one exception) but they always find a jammy way to get something. Hoping tonight is the exception. On paper we win 3-0 or more. At home we seem to be getting our act together. We are due another smash up like West Ham.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
So these Palace goons have apparently come down to watch Bringhton - Crystal Palace.

Whilst they're visiting the area, they may wish to sample the delights of Wornthing or Gorning-By-Sea.

Silly twants.

View attachment 158333
I will not be going to the game,now i know the bedsheet boys are in town running riot.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Despite their poor results they seem to be competitive in most games. City had to grind out a result on the weekend. I'd take a point now tbh.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hate the feeling. Every now and again I'm aware of the nagging sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm 56 now and have in recent years managed to calm down a little in football related terms. However I cannot shake this off, I really could do without it as I can't concentrate properly. It's the dread of thrashing them again but somehow losing. I hate that club and everything it stands for. Let's hope that we mete out justice tonight and that it will be the start of a long overdue slide into lower league obscurity and eventual relegation from the league structure. Only then will I be happy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We need an early goal tonight to calm everybody down. Tension in the stands when we play them at home always makes it way onto the pitch.
If we score in the first 20-35 mins, we will win, probably comfortably.

The longer we go without scoring, the more fear in the stands will set in, the more we push further up the pitch allowing for the inevitable breakaway Palace goal.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I hate the feeling. Every now and again I'm aware of the nagging sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm 56 now and have in recent years managed to calm down a little in football related terms. However I cannot shake this off, I really could do without it as I can't concentrate properly. It's the dread of thrashing them again but somehow losing. I hate that club and everything it stands for. Let's hope that we mete out justice tonight and that it will be the start of a long overdue slide into lower league obscurity and eventual relegation from the league structure. Only then will I be happy.
Just the Pompey scenario will be fine for me :)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I share the sentiment. We have been better than them in most of the last 7 games (one exception) but they always find a jammy way to get something. Hoping tonight is the exception. On paper we win 3-0 or more. At home we seem to be getting our act together. We are due another smash up like West Ham.
I'm hoping we have not used up all our home goals.

5 v Leicester
4 v Chelsea
3 v Liverpool
4 v Westham.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was most perturbed with my morning cup of tea today - the tea bag had split which meant my last mouthful was most unpleasant.
But wait, when I looked into the bottom of the cup I could clearly read "9-0" in the pattern of the tea leaves.
I was VERY excited by this and passed my cup over to Mrs SS to show her.
She was shocked, "why are you so excited?" she asked, it says "0-6" !!

I do believe that we will break the 1-1 shackles tonight, maybe not by 9, but I'm fully expecting to avenge the 0-5 drubbing and maybe drive the first nail into the 2023 Palarse relegation coffin.

The result will also either dispel or cement my trust in tea-leaf readings ....

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Fully expect a frustrating game, they nearly always are. I find Palace songs irritating when we're not even playing them, and bloody boring when we do play them. We treat the game like we haven't sung those songs in ages, when in reality, we probably sung them all last week.. and the week before.. and the week before that. ZZZzzzzzz.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

These f******* have rode their luck for so long at our place, with the exception of St Paddy's Day 2013, tonights the night, as Jimmy James says, to set things right.

I predict back to back 4-0 home wins. :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Silly twants.

View attachment 158333
Is "Hooligans TV" as cringeworthy as it sounds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here