Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Prague advice

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Without wishing to sound negative, Prague isn't really a place that has much for children. That said key points from me :

> Old Town is definitely worth a wander around
> Albeit a few minutes the striking of the clock on the edge of the main square is worth seeing
> There's a bar in the opposite corner to the clock that over looks the square that is good for just watching the world go by
> Loads of electric scooters to get around - although most places are walkable
> Don't eat in any of the restaurants around the main square - absolutely awful and a rip off

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two further words of warning to the unwary:

1. Wenceslas Square isn't square - as I found out to my great shame when I went to the Tourist Office to ask directions because I couldn't find it ("You're standing in it sir")

2. Choose your pub carefully, as heavy smoking is still a thing in many of them. The one in the photo below felt like somebody had dropped a smoke canister into it. Zero ventilation. Pity the poor bar staff who have to suffer doing a shift in there. We couldn't neck our pints quick enough before emerging, coughing and with eyes streaming, into the relatively fresh air. Great beer, mind

FB_IMG_1701681543649.jpg

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Old hat I know, but agree a price with your respective taxi driver before any journey commences, we got rinsed some years ago but didnt work by how much until we were back sitting in the pub :ffsparr:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Go here to drink beer:

Though given the context of your trip (congrats to your daughter BTW), a proper session sounds unlikely at best.

I love Prague and have been a few times, but not since the kids arrived. Everything revolved around beer before, so can't help with family friendly activities I'm afraid.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Old hat I know, but agree a price with your respective taxi driver before any journey commences, we got rinsed some years ago but didnt work by how much until we were back sitting in the pub :ffsparr:
Use Uber - saves that issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here