Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PPI

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
so you cant go back further than 2002

You can go further back, my case was that my loan in question only started in 2002. Some banks may say that it must be no longer than 6 years but there is no official deadline.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I used a PPI company and they recently sent me a further questionair and one of the banks I am claiming against have sent me a letter last week offering me a cheque for x amount and it says in the letter no need to reply if I accept and a cheque will be with me in 28 days. It arrieved today in the post less than 5 days later however I have not had time to ring the PPI company and tell them this.... question should I ? it says on the back of the agreement under what happens if you win - Charges & Expensese - you pay us 25% plus Vat which must be paid in 7 days from a bill of costs. ... I am tempted not to tell them however these things can get nasty cant they and it is money for nothing as the loan is paid and I was not expecting anything to be honest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Get your credit record from Experian and it will show what credit cards you've had over the last few years.

This was one of the scariest things I have done in my life. Experion know EVERYTHING about me since I spent my first penny.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
How do they work out the repayment? Do they simply repay whatever you've paid them in 'unfair' PPI charges?

I took something out with Amex whereby I paid something like 10% of my CC balance each month as a payment protection but as I didn't / don't use my card that often, the balance was always quite low so the PPI was very small.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This was one of the scariest things I have done in my life. Experion know EVERYTHING about me since I spent my first penny.

Agreed - what scared the hell out of me was the number of people I was linked to !!!!! Went through them and got most of them removed but that only happens if you ask.

How do they work out the repayment? Do they simply repay whatever you've paid them in 'unfair' PPI charges?

I took something out with Amex whereby I paid something like 10% of my CC balance each month as a payment protection but as I didn't / don't use my card that often, the balance was always quite low so the PPI was very small.

I got back what I'd paid in PPI, plus interest at 8%.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What do mean they link you with people ?

Do mean like ex mad partners, parents, siblings etc or complete strangers ?

Ex partners if you've taken out credit while with them ( especially together ), siblings if you've shared loans / mortgages - basically anyone you've ever been connected to financially. In my case I was indeed linked, by Orange, to a complete stranger.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ex partners if you've taken out credit while with them ( especially together ), siblings if you've shared loans / mortgages - basically anyone you've ever been connected to financially. In my case I was indeed linked, by Orange, to a complete stranger.

Thought so, scary though the stranger though !

Thanks have a nice day, I am Southampton are losing 4-0 and its not half time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've backed away from this as I doubt I have a claim, but it's always nagged at me, (to much daytime TV, I guess)

I'm tempted to just go with a company and see what they can get, as the accounts it's likely to effect are all historical, and I just don't know where to begin.

Any recommendations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here