Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets gone. Garcia opts for hoofball.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The nobs who resort to singular comments like 'yawn' 'troll' etc, should either say more, or say less. This is the mentality of the schoolyard bullies - it's football, full of vagaries and differing opinions. It's not clever to run in a mob - get over yourselves.
The OP is obviously fishing, and the post had nothing to do with reasoned football debate, Oscar's first home game or the current state of the team. And as someone who said the guy is a troll, is saying just enough, it tells you that i think he is a fishing, trolling, winedup merchant who doesn't deserve to have a reasoned response. Just my opinion tho'.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So disappointed tonight. Went expecting the new flair type of football. Watched us play hoofball and lose it all.evening.
If we play anything like that at Leeds next week it could be a cricket score. Thomas needs to have the game of his life if we are to get a 0-0. We need a rapid improvement against Norwich or 5-6 signings. Absolute pants tonight.

I hope to dear god we're not going to become just another average championship side. I thought Oscar was committed to the same style of football that we had under Poyet? Or are we just going to be another Derby County?

Will we ever find out why Poyet was sacked and whether it was justified? Was really hoping it would all be forgotten under Garcia, but looks unlikely going on the reports of tonight's game. What a missed opportunity it could prove to be - brilliant young manager, beautiful possession football, chance to build a real legacy, all sacrificed for a clash of egos. Barber has a lot to answer for.

Idiots :facepalm:

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
........ Just my opinion tho'.

As was it his.

I stick by this.The nobs who resort to singular comments like 'yawn' 'troll' etc, should either say more, or say less

It is unhelpful and crass mob mentality, that reduces the platform to the lowest common denominator. Let's try and keep the debates cerebral, and avoid anarchy.....or at least reserve the right to express dismay, when it is felt.

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
As was it his.

I stick by this.The nobs who resort to singular comments like 'yawn' 'troll' etc, should either say more, or say less

It is unhelpful and crass mob mentality, that reduces the platform to the lowest common denominator. Let's try and keep the debates cerebral, and avoid anarchy.....or at least reserve the right to express dismay, when it is felt.

Boy, are you in the wrong place.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
You're spot on there, but come on its only a friendly and the new guy has only been in charge for a few weeks. I still believe Gus has built a legacy that Oscar will work to continue. But we have to give Oscar the same patience over the first few months that we did Gus. He didn't start out tearing the league a new one, and neither will Oscar. He needs time to build, and if it ends up with us in the play-offs at the end, great, but if not I hope a foundation will be there for 2014-15.

Oh do stop talking such sense. This is not the place for it.

albionite

May 20, 2009
That Spanish chic doesn't know too much about English football. It's not just Brighton that haven't made any signings..... Most transfers are done close to deadline day.... It's been like that for the last few years

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For our first competitive match last season under Gus. We lost 3-0. We did alright after that i seem to recall.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
If you don't like what someone is saying on twitter, don't follow them. Simples!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here