Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets gone. Garcia opts for hoofball.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
So posters actually go to the games then. Crowd of 12,000 and guess what, all the armchair trolls attended. Yeah right. Villarreal showed you what keep ball is.

The mere fact that you mention Villareal showed YOU what keepball is, goes to show you are indeed a fuc@wit troll and not an Albion supporter so feck off and troll elsewhere.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
On the whole I thought we were pretty disjointed and lacking in sharpness, but I'm not as worried as the OP as we will not be facing Villareal every week. They were a class act with slick passing and very tenacious when we had the ball. We were more direct than usual under the previous regime and some of the long balls were aimless. To be fair, I think some of them were balls played under pressure.

Good points: Barnes and Ulloa both looked good. JFC, March and Dickenson all made decent contributions when they came on. Chicksen didn't have a great game, but it's early days. Bridcutt definitely not quite at full fitness yet. Ditto Buckley.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So posters actually go to the games then. Crowd of 12,000 and guess what, all the armchair trolls attended. Yeah right. Villarreal showed you what keep ball is.

So you went then? A Palace fan at a Brighton game...that's nearly as funny as your joke of a club.

I thought we started well. A quick goal and other clear cut chances but as the game progressed we did not and they did. As Jones and Garcia have said, 5 or 6 players needed. Early days so no need to panic. Another season challenging for the play offs? Too early to say but I doubt it.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
THOMAS needs to have the game of his life" we have re-signed Rod Thomas?? 13 post and he wants to be taken seriously, must be the bitterness of getting beaten by Crawley or the loneleness of being a Palarse fan that brought him NSC

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Shows we have a long way to go before we are ready for the premier league. Put us under pressure and we struggle, good thing is most championship clubs can't do that for 90 minutes.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Disagree. Thought, even though the same team, played pretty much the same as we did against Watford or West Ham year before.
Loads of build up but no cash back. First half anyway. Was expecting a few new ideas.
Hoping OG just said play the game you know and lets see how we can improve.
Predictions Leeds 0-0 Derby 2-1.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
THOMAS needs to have the game of his life" we have re-signed Rod Thomas?? 13 post and he wants to be taken seriously, must be the bitterness of getting beaten by Crawley or the loneleness of being a Palarse fan that brought him NSC

:tosser:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I hope to dear god we're not going to become just another average championship side. I thought Oscar was committed to the same style of football that we had under Poyet? Or are we just going to be another Derby County?

Will we ever find out why Poyet was sacked and whether it was justified? Was really hoping it would all be forgotten under Garcia, but looks unlikely going on the reports of tonight's game. What a missed opportunity it could prove to be - brilliant young manager, beautiful possession football, chance to build a real legacy, all sacrificed for a clash of egos. Barber has a lot to answer for.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Friendly game results don't mean a great deal its all about fitness and seeing the fringe players in action. On another day we could have been 3-1 up at half time not to sure why the OP is moaning.

OG has not even made a signing yet give the man a chance ffs.

Last edited:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
So disappointed tonight. Went expecting the new flair type of football. Watched us play hoofball and lose it all.evening.
If we play anything like that at Leeds next week it could be a cricket score. Thomas needs to have the game of his life if we are to get a 0-0. We need a rapid improvement against Norwich or 5-6 signings. Absolute pants tonight.
Hush now. Grown ups are talking. punish:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hope to dear god we're not going to become just another average championship side. I thought Oscar was committed to the same style of football that we had under Poyet? Or are we just going to be another Derby County?

Will we ever find out why Poyet was sacked and whether it was justified? Was really hoping it would all be forgotten under Garcia, but looks unlikely going on the reports of tonight's game. What a missed opportunity it could prove to be - brilliant young manager, beautiful possession football, chance to build a real legacy, all sacrificed for a clash of egos. Barber has a lot to answer for.

did u feel the same way after we lost 3/0 to swindon last year just before the season started?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Wasn't effective when it really mattered though, was it?
Let's give the team our support and not starting moaning already huh?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Haha you for real ? Average championship side is a brilliant thing . This league is quality . Derby county ? ? Well supported passionate team with good pride and history . Plenty of youth in their side and not a bad side at all . .. Could be much much worse .

Re poyet sacking - a lot know now , yes stackable offence but one of those things that would be over looked if we wanted to keep him . It was a good chance to sever ties . Won't go into more as unsure on NSC legalities around this issue still.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

:fishing: 1/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here