Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets gem of a signing on the way

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I can confirm Shane Long is not for sale, there is a small chance he may go on loan somewhere, but its too ealry in pre season to know that yet

I'm going to UNCONFIRM you as I like this rumour and I would love to be "in the know". If i can have two right in one week, well, that would be just swell.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sadly.... its a non starter, a very good friend of mine is Shane's cousin, he's just spoken to him and its a non starter

He has however been badgering him for ages to come to Brighton. So we are trying ! :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My source yelling Schildenfeld again, I give it 40% chance of happening.

Shane Long WILL sign, but he is not the gem signing they are talking about. 99%

Owen is as always on 20%

Miquel is on 85%, deal almost done.

No other signings I know of, sorry

Edit: The gem is Hitz...

well if you say so...................

but a centre back doesn't appear to be on our list of priorities; Shane Long cost Baggies £4.5m plus another £2m in add-ons just a year ago; and Owen is in Dubai signing to play there from all reports.........................

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Jim Diamond? Yeah I should have known better.........

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
In the case of Thomas Hitzlsperger, Felix Magath granted the player’s wish: “It’s very unfortunate that, since he has been here, Thomas has gone from one injury to the next and was therefore unable to really help us last season. I have come to know and respect him as an exceptional sportsman and as a person both on and off the pitch,” said Magath. A string of injuries have led to Hitzlsperger only sporadically training with the team in recent months. Right now he is recovering from a tear to his outer knee cartridge. “After doing a lot of soul-searching, I came to the conclusion that my complete recovery must take top priority. Right now I can’t say if I can play a part in helping fulfil the high sporting demands set out by VfL Wolfsburg next season. Terminating the contract is the fairest option for all parties. I would like to heartily thank Felix Magath for the fate he has had in me,” remarked Hitzlsperger.

Dated May. VfL WolfsburgNews

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the case of Thomas Hitzlsperger, Felix Magath granted the player’s wish: “It’s very unfortunate that, since he has been here, Thomas has gone from one injury to the next and was therefore unable to really help us last season. I have come to know and respect him as an exceptional sportsman and as a person both on and off the pitch,” said Magath. A string of injuries have led to Hitzlsperger only sporadically training with the team in recent months. Right now he is recovering from a tear to his outer knee cartridge. “After doing a lot of soul-searching, I came to the conclusion that my complete recovery must take top priority. Right now I can’t say if I can play a part in helping fulfil the high sporting demands set out by VfL Wolfsburg next season. Terminating the contract is the fairest option for all parties. I would like to heartily thank Felix Magath for the fate he has had in me,” remarked Hitzlsperger.

Dated May. VfL WolfsburgNews

How's his mental state, if that's a bit dodgy too this has got deju vu written all over it

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Ok get ready you heard it here 1st.

Charles Hodges and David Peacock are on our radar but the deal is you cant have one without the other.

if you dont believe then Google. Just remember I beat the worlds media to this exclusive. Oh and The Argus.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I've got a feeling it could be this man, I might be wrong:- Owen Hargreaves

Owen-Hargreaves-penalty-celeb_891353.jpg

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Gotsta be Hitzlsperger!

Imagine:
Kuszczak

Bruno Greer El Abd/Dunk NEW LB

Buckley Bridcutt Hitzlsperger Vicente

CMS Barnes

With Nooney ready to go on the bench! What a midfield!!

WOWZERS

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Spitzlehertzburger sounds like he's finished to me. Not sure we should be throwing our small pot of money his way,

I'd rather take the risk on Hargreaves.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I've got a feeling it could be this man, I might be wrong:- Owen Hargreaves

Owen-Hargreaves-penalty-celeb_891353.jpg

Not a bad call that. Presumably he feels up to it and is looking for a club. The Championship might be a good move for him. Although horrendously injury prone it would be good if we could get 20 games out of him, any less might be a waste of time. Former full England international, ex Man U, Bayern and Man C and another incomer with Champs Lge experience. Would he have realistic financial demands, maybe pay per game?

Feels a bit like the debate on here about Jonathan Woodgate last summer and then Vicente coming to us apparently crocked but turning out 'ok'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a bad call that. Presumably he feels up to it and is looking for a club. The Championship might be a good move for him. Although horrendously injury prone it would be good if we could get 20 games out of him, any less might be a waste of time. Former full England international, ex Man U, Bayern and Man C and another incomer with Champs Lge experience. Would he have realistic financial demands, maybe pay per game?

Feels a bit like the debate on here about Jonathan Woodgate last summer and then Vicente coming to us apparently crocked but turning out 'ok'.

Saw him at Heathrow the other week and had a very quick chat with him. He wasn't even sure if he'd play professionally again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here