Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's "brilliant contacts"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Bizarrely, I was thinking about this thread in the shower this morning! It occurred to me that we might sign some players this week, and that some goon would bounce this thread.

However, I wishfully had hoped it would be bounced after we'd signed a proven quality striker. I didn't think someone would bounce it after we'd signed 2 random blokes that nobody's ever heard of, and certainly not when the 2 signings are players Poyet himself has spotted, and therefore are nothing to do with Poyet's contacts.

Still, that's the sort of stupid mistake you'd expect from someone thick enough to lose their passport just before an expensive holiday.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I didn't think someone would bounce it after we'd signed 2 random blokes that nobody's ever heard of, and certainly not when the 2 signings are players Poyet himself has spotted, and therefore are nothing to do with Poyet's contacts.

QUOTE]

To be fair, the club statement does say...

'we had information about them, but we wanted to see them in action etc'

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Bizarrely, I was thinking about this thread in the shower this morning! It occurred to me that we might sign some players this week, and that some goon would bounce this thread.

However, I wishfully had hoped it would be bounced after we'd signed a proven quality striker. I didn't think someone would bounce it after we'd signed 2 random blokes that nobody's ever heard of, and certainly not when the 2 signings are players Poyet himself has spotted, and therefore are nothing to do with Poyet's contacts.

Still, that's the sort of stupid mistake you'd expect from someone thick enough to lose their passport just before an expensive holiday.

:laugh::laugh: That is one of the greatest things I've ever read on here, well in! :bowdown:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Sometimes it's just best to hold your hands up and say I was wrong!:moo:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Every time we make a signing is this going to bounce up. Getting a bit dull now

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The thread is about Gus's contacts. As these two were signed following a recommendation to Gus, from South American contacts, then think its fairly appropriate for the thread to be bounced.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
The thread is about Gus's contacts. As these two were signed following a recommendation to Gus, from South American contacts, then think its fairly appropriate for the thread to be bounced.

Agree.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Brilliant. A bloke released by dundee and a norwegian nobody has heard of ensure this thread gets a bounce. Suprised it took this long. Shambles.

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
Brilliant. A bloke released by dundee and a norwegian nobody has heard of ensure this thread gets a bounce. Suprised it took this long. Shambles.

This guy was wanted by the Norwegian clubs that finished 1st and 2nd in their top division who have therefore entered the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

We beat off CHAMPIONS LEAGUE clubs to get this guy so cheer the hell up! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here