Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's "brilliant contacts"

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Painter is not better than McNulty and far less attacking.

He's not much worse which is the point. Surely you need to have two decent players vying for each position a la Bridge and Cole at Chelsea? Or Gibbs and Clichy at Arsenal?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Although some of us see 'rebuilding' and 'keeping us in this league' as different things entirely.

... and there your honour ... I rest my case.

You positively gloat in our misfortune and would appear to take great delight in insulting and belittling our team, so why should you not expect some stick.

I can have a more reasoned debate with my 7 year old daughter than with either of you two clowns.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
... and there your honour ... I rest my case.

You positively gloat in our misfortune and would appear to take great delight in insulting and belittling our team, so why should you not expect some stick.

I can have a more reasoned debate with my 7 year old daughter than with either of you two clowns.

How in any way am I GLOATING?

I think we're in a relegation battle.

You obviously think we need to "re-build".

Unfortunately, I think we've gone round in a circle a bit, and our priority should be to stay in League 1, then worry about building for next season.

I do not want us to go down. I do not want to watch football in League 2 as much as the next man. I am certainly not gloating that sadly, once again, I've spent a lot of time and money watching a team that is undoubtedly facing a battle to remain in this league.

Fortunately, there is time for that to change. You obviously believe we have the players/will get the loans in that will keep us up.

I, as things stand, sadly don't.

I get no pleasure in this.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
So Gus has had one transfer window to build and dismantle to sum it up, he inherited some garbage I think we can at least all agree on. Two of which he has shipped out in McLeod and Livermoore, so, so far so good. He has bought in two class fullbacks, the right back seemingly impressing all. A striker with bags of pace, of which everyone has said we have been lacking, so unless you wanted the Robbie Keene deal hijacked, you can not really be to bitter there either. Then compared to the past few windows under Slade and Adams, has it really been worse?

As long as Poyet is in charge next season, I can not wait for the new season to start, a pre-season under Poyet's guidance, a decent transfer window to work in, and I think we will be a team to watch

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
So Gus has had one transfer window to build and dismantle to sum it up, he inherited some garbage I think we can at least all agree on. Two of which he has shipped out in McLeod and Livermoore, so, so far so good. He has bought in two class fullbacks, the right back seemingly impressing all. A striker with bags of pace, of which everyone has said we have been lacking, so unless you wanted the Robbie Keene deal hijacked, you can not really be to bitter there either. Then compared to the past few windows under Slade and Adams, has it really been worse?

As long as Poyet is in charge next season, I can not wait for the new season to start, a pre-season under Poyet's guidance, a decent transfer window to work in, and I think we will be a team to watch

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Unfortunately, I think we've gone round in a circle a bit, and our priority should be to stay in League 1, then worry about building for next season.
You just dont get it do you?

As I said before, this isn't a computer game. It's not championship manager where you can go and buy pretty much who you want when you want.

There were not funds to spend in this window. If there was a certain Mr Coppell would be in charge. Bloom made it clear to any takers for the job, that he belives the squad here, is capable of challenging for promotion. Take our shit home form and replace it with one that matches our away form, and you'd probably have a top 6 club.

Because things haven't gone the way you or Bloom probably wanted them to this year, you just can't go and splash out and buy what you want in the transfer window. Even if you argree transfers fees with club, no one who is capable of championship football is going to sign for a side who have been battling relagation for the past 18 months. All you end up with is a bunch of rejects, a bit like what has happened in the past. I think Poyet has done well to sign the full backs he has, and too be honest I never thought we would make any major signing at this point. Unless you put Alex Fergusson in charge, you are not going to attract proven long term players to this football club at the moment.

As I said this is not championship manager.

Last season I accepted we were relagated, and was amazed and over the moon when we stayed up. This season I am not too bothered, because I think we will finish in a comfortable mid table position, because we have a better squad, and a manager who seems to take no shit, unlike the previous managers we had. If we are still battling with 3 or 4 games to go then I may be concerned, but I don't believe we will be.

I thionk Poyet already know whos hes keeping next season, and I think a few more will be released over the next few days, and then those who may have a use until the end of the season, will be released then. But off course, even then players who Poyet releases like Livermore, have to agree to go. As I said this isn't Championship manager where you can release them and pay up half their contract!!:facepalm:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

|Top post:clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think we're in a relegation battle.

Really?

19th in the league and you think we're in a relegation battle, I've never thought of it like that before, but on reflection, would have to agree. :thumbsup:

The future of the country is safe ladies and gentlemen with such an astute example of youth to follow us old codgers.

By the way, has anyone said that this isn't Championship Manager recently?

A minor "snigger" or "chuckle" perhaps.

An excessive amount of 'spontaneous' :clap2: :lolol: :lolol: :clap2: :clap2: smilies just to keep up with the trend of bashing perceived unpopular posters is just pathetic.

Have you ever thought as to why you and TCB get bashed so often and others don't?
You both seem like articulate posters but have a habit of ruining a lot of your posts by over dramatic moaning and criticism.
I suppose as you both get older you may mellow out a little bit.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
"Crofts is captain marvel", "Navarro is our key man", "Dicker is amazing", "Elphick is Beckenbaeur". Well, ok, not the last one. And he's given El Abd a new contract - WHY? None of that lot will get us promotion so write them off now.

Based on what, exactly? I agree with you on Crofts and El-Abd. But Navarro was good enough to regularly get in a team who last year made the play-offs. So clearly he is good enough. Dicker is better than him so he is good enough. Elphick has been PONY last couple of seasons but was player of the season (should have been Nicky admittedly...) in a team that finished 7th, so why could he not recapture that form?

Do you truly believe that the midfield that helped us win back to back titles were THAT much better than the current midfield? Carpenter was superb, but the likes of Oatway, Junior Lewis and Steve Melton were probably on a similar level to the current CM's.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Withdean Wanderer & TCB....

dickhead.jpg

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Poyet is an absolute joke as far as I'm concerned in the transfer market. Other aspects of him I like and respect, but so far in terms of players signed he's been a calamity. I'm not sure what's worse - the fact we've hardly signed anyone or that those we have signed are either shite or mediocre. Carole? Someone from Cambridge? El Abd on a new deal? No midfielder at all? The man's a f***ing idiot in that respect, and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.

I see we are having a giggle at the moaners' expense, allow me to add the above

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Calderon FLAIR
arismendi FLAIR
lua lua FLAIR
paynter - playing very well(though not flair)

Yeah, rubbish signings.

Moron

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Quality bounce there folks! :thumbsup:

Now then, which one of our 2 resident know-it-all doom-merchants will be the first in their attempt to defend the indefensible? :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here