Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet still chasing Buckley?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As much as I rate Buckley if anyone is offering 3-5 million then we need to be seriously looking at that as that kind of money will buy a quality replacement and hopefully a player who is fit enough to have a lasting impact on a full season

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The article says that Poyet is going to try and sign Buckley no matter what division they are in. So Gus has decided that we have no chance of going up then?

If we are in the Premiership and they are in the Championship I don't think he has any chance. Any other scenarios then I think Buckley will be a Sunderland player next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Problem is that he gets injured after about three games of his comebacks and just when he's starting to hit form he gets injured again and is out for another month or so.
Indeed. If his injuries are to continue through his whole career of course we should let him go, and if his injuries become a thing of the past, then we should hold onto him. My concern is that if his future is to be the former, he'd probably fail a medical anyway, so if he passes a medical, he's got a good change of getting over his injuries. On that basis, I wouldn't sell him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here